Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I have changed it, as it is highly likely I made a grammar error whilst typing out the text from the audio.

ahem.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I am a BLOOM LICKER

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
img_10.jpg

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Gus speaks from about 2hr 19min to 2hr 22min. Says he is only a matter of days away from signing a new contract. :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't access this on Windows Mobile, but if he actually said "Gus and me" then I believe that that is grammatically correct.

Er, no.

It's ...."Gus and I are working on ..." but it's also "the news that Calderon rejected our offer came as a surprise to Gus and me...".

If in doubt take out the the "Gus and" part and see what makes sense. In the first example, you couldn't have "Me am working on..."

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway, back to football (or rather finance), given the news from Palace yesterday I hope that Gus 'n' Tony aren't going to let silly things like budgets or financial prudence stop us from signing the players we want. I expect us to outbid other clubs in terms of both transfer fees and wages offered.

The current Brighton and Hove Albion Ltd doesn't / won't own Falmer, so my business plan would be to load the current club with debt in an attempt to get to the Prem in two years. If it doesn't work we can wind up the club and start a new one - we'll have the ground (Falmer) as that's a separate entity. During the period between the end of the old club and the birth of the new we can all go and post on the Palace boards about how we're only 'hours from extinction' before magically pulling a rabbit out of the hat. (To the surprise of absolutely nobody bar a few credulous idiots).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Anyway, back to football (or rather finance), given the news from Palace yesterday I hope that Gus 'n' Tony aren't going to let silly things like budgets or financial prudence stop us from signing the players we want. I expect us to outbid other clubs in terms of both transfer fees and wages offered.

The current Brighton and Hove Albion Ltd doesn't / won't own Falmer, so my business plan would be to load the current club with debt in an attempt to get to the Prem in two years. If it doesn't work we can wind up the club and start a new one - we'll have the ground (Falmer) as that's a separate entity. During the period between the end of the old club and the birth of the new we can all go and post on the Palace boards about how we're only 'hours from extinction' before magically pulling a rabbit out of the hat. (To the surprise of absolutely nobody bar a few credulous idiots).

Brilliant suggestion, you wonder why nobody's tried this before .... Oh :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Er, no.

It's ...."Gus and I are working on ..." but it's also "the news that Calderon rejected our offer came as a surprise to Gus and me...".

If in doubt take out the the "Gus and" part and see what makes sense. In the first example, you couldn't have "Me am working on..."

Correct :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here