Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Anyway, back to football (or rather finance), given the news from Palace yesterday I hope that Gus 'n' Tony aren't going to let silly things like budgets or financial prudence stop us from signing the players we want. I expect us to outbid other clubs in terms of both transfer fees and wages offered.

The current Brighton and Hove Albion Ltd doesn't / won't own Falmer, so my business plan would be to load the current club with debt in an attempt to get to the Prem in two years. If it doesn't work we can wind up the club and start a new one - we'll have the ground (Falmer) as that's a separate entity. During the period between the end of the old club and the birth of the new we can all go and post on the Palace boards about how we're only 'hours from extinction' before magically pulling a rabbit out of the hat. (To the surprise of absolutely nobody bar a few credulous idiots).

We ..... we ...... we could have a petition !

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Er, no.

It's ...."Gus and I are working on ..." but it's also "the news that Calderon rejected our offer came as a surprise to Gus and me...".

If in doubt take out the the "Gus and" part and see what makes sense. In the first example, you couldn't have "Me am working on..."

MOANING
about our chairman's GRAMMAR!? :US:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I found out recently that im distantly related to Tony. Ill have nothing said against him!!! :tantrum:

Yeah me to, I am also distantly related to Tony.

Something to do with a couple called Adam and Eve who are from way back but that makes us relatives.

So leave Tony alone! :tantrum:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My mother and his Gran are cousins apparently. She met him a couple of times recently at family funerals I believe, she didnt really know about his Albion connections to be honest, she doesnt pay attention to football, but he made my old mum very welcome, and made sure she was looked after. Seems a genuinly nice bloke from what she tells me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
having said that, he is hardly going to say " we have no money for transfers and we have to live within our means, please buy a ST" is he?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Isn't 2 half of 4? :rolleyes:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Neither can I. But on reflection, the answer to 1/8 Jewish should mean that he has a 1/2 skin. :dunce:
On the other hand I don't have one at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here