Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to put in £40m

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's the rumour roundabout.

Man reads rumour on NSC about the club creating £40m woth of loans notes. He ... adds in that Tony Bloom ...A bit of chinese whispers happens

exactly. its nice to see the formation of a rumour as its released into the wild so to speak.

its funny because when you do actually know something you tend to keep quiet in case either its very wrong or very right and not good.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
There is a Tony Bloom that is worth over £100m, but not the Tony Bloom that has a vested interest in Brighton & Hove Albion.

Is this refering to a different Bloom family? I'd gathered it was, maybe this is where people get the 100 million from?

Tony Bloom and family

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Blooms source of fortune came from gambling. NOT food.

Not to mention this fantastic idea of "INTEREST FREE".

Assuming an inflation rate of 2% pa (not unreasonable), his investment would only be worth around 73% of what it is today (in real terms) if he gave us an interest free loan for 16 years.

Sounds very plausible!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not to mention this fantastic idea of "INTEREST FREE".

Assuming an inflation rate of 2% pa (not unreasonable), his investment would only be worth around 73% of what it is today (in real terms) if he gave us an interest free loan for 16 years.

Sounds very plausible!

And that does not take into account what it would be worth if it was sat in a bank earning interest.

I am not sure who is paying for the stadium, but Tony Bloom does not have £40 million, let alone £40 million he can loan out interest free. Yes the story sounds good, yes the story fits in with some of the facts and other rumours, but it is just not possible so it is not true.

Absolute tosh I'm afraid. He's worth considerably more than that. Stop digging. You're going to look very very silly by this time tomorrow.

Yet strangely there is no-one on the Sunday Times rich list (which supposedly lists the 2000 richest people in the country) with the surname Bloom. Even the £100m Bloom listed earlier was from the 2008 list.

Oh, well that's blown my argument out of the water. I mean, the Sunday Times knows exactly how much people are worth don't they?

Makes you wonder what the £100 million he made from the sale of one website alone has all gone on. My guess is sweeties and comics.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yet strangely there is no-one on the Sunday Times rich list (which supposedly lists the 2000 richest people in the country) with the surname Bloom. Even the £100m Bloom listed earlier was from the 2008 list.

I have no idea how much he is worth but playing devils advocate if he lives(ed) in Oz then he wouldn't appear in the list BUT it does list the worlds richest people even though I have a strong doubt he would have appeared anywhere near that!

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Oh, well that's blown my argument out of the water. I mean, the Sunday Times knows exactly how much people are worth don't they?

Makes you wonder what the £100 million he made from the sale of one website alone has all gone on. My guess is sweeties and comics.

what rubbish, premier bet (assume thats the website you refer too) was sold in 2005 for 1.3 million (only out by 98.7 m) and of that some of the money was in the form of shares.

Tony bloom is not as rich as you all think

made circa 1 million from poker

1.3 million from premierbet

Has been involved in hedge funds and property investment but no one really knows how much this has brought him.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
false alarm..its not 40 million, you wish!!! no its just £400,,, had this pic sent to me of what bloom put down on boardroom table ...40 million :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
oh and before you ask...its to give everyone a glass of bubbly as they enter the ground on start of new season !

Attachments

• ist2_1460073-uk-pounds-sterling-money-20-notes-great-britain-02.jpg
    ist2_1460073-uk-pounds-sterling-money-20-notes-great-britain-02.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here