Tony Bloom to finance £15 million training ground

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

too much to type but....

Project funded by Tony Bloom £15 million

9 pitches (seven full sized, plus one artificial, one indoor), main pitch being exact size of Amex pitch including floodlights and undersoil heating. Residential accommodation for players.

30 acres, Martin Perry to lead team project

Early locations..Shoreham Airport, Waterhall, Sheepcote Valley

:amex::falmer:

Target date of opening pre season 2013. Once opened will apply for Academy Status

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
This is almost as important as The Amex IMO. Brilliant news and let's hope we can meet the target date.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is excellent. Bloom's cash is turning us into a club with better facilities than clubs like Norwich moreorless overnight. :lolol:

And a nice big wave to Portsmouth FC, now definitely NOT one of the biggest two clubs in the south. :bigwave:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is almost as important as The Amex IMO. Brilliant news and let's hope we can meet the target date.

I would absolutey agree with this. Having a stadium good enough for the Premier League isn't enough if our training facilities are league 2 standard. Well done, and good luck, to all involved in the project.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is excellent news and shows Tony Blooms ambitions for the club. Perhaps we'll be a second level toure de force in the Prem one day in the mould of clubs such as Everton or Villa, who knows, but I am sure TB has some kind of vision.

One question mark is Shoreham Airport? The surrounding area is just marshland is it not?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which thickets STILL think Tony only has about £200m?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Don't retire your step ladder just yet Jack Straw!

Excellent news!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My love for our Chairman grows stronger with his every move. What a fantastic man, we are SO lucky.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
PENDE!!!!!

Looks like our favourite nutter was right all along!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here