Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tony bloom playing poker in austrailia again

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
But it's called the $250,000 Challenge, which would suggest the buy in is $250,000??

It is.

Above poster said $270,000, but thats how many chips he has.

Buy in $250,000, and top 3 or 4 will get paid (prizepool $250K * buy-ins).

Guy who double re-bought is worth over $2 BILLION.

I spoke to Tony Bloom a few months ago, and he said he would have played the $1,000,000 tournament in Vegas recently if he wasn't have a new kid at that time punk:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The board ran out
8d.gif
2h.gif
and Kurganov took all Bloom's chips.

"I thought you maybe had jack-ten," Bloom said. "I'll rebuy," he added as he kept enjoying his massage like nothing happened.

"I thought you maybe had jack-ten," Bloom said. .............. what he really meant was "I hoped you had jack-ten" :(

Dec 29, 2011
Can't help but think Bloom is dead money against some of these pros. I've watched Sam Trickett play a lot and he's like nothing you've ever seen, the boy is a talent. Hopefully his edge will come from being relatively unknown and so unpredictable. If he's considering playing $1M tournaments, maybe he's got a lot more money than we all expected.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Rebuy! Chips! Chips!"

Posted 30 minutes ago by Happy_Freaked • Level 5: 3,000-6,000, 500 ante
Those words just came out of Andrew Robl's mouth after he lost an all in against Tony Bloom.
The flop read
qh.gif
4c.gif
9h.gif
when Robl had checked to Bloom who bet 19,000. Robl check-raised to 44,000 after which Bloom moved all in. Robl made the call and showed
ac.gif
da.gif
versus Bloom's
ah.gif
4h.gif
The turn brought the
2h.gif
and the river the
2d.gif
giving Robl a knockout blow.
"Rebuy! Chips! Chips!" Robl yelled with a smile on his face. So far we've seen three eliminations and just as many rebuys.
Chip Counts
Tony Bloom 435,000

Read more: Live Reporting | 2013 Aussie Millions | $250,000 Challenge | PokerNews

Allowing for his own early re-buy... he is
only(!) $65000 down at the moment.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It is.

Above poster said $270,000, but thats how many chips he has.

Buy in $250,000, and top 3 or 4 will get paid (prizepool $250K * buy-ins).

Guy who double re-bought is worth over $2 BILLION.

I spoke to Tony Bloom a few months ago, and he said he would have played the $1,000,000 tournament in Vegas recently if he wasn't have a new kid at that time punk:

You play poker as well as doing fairly decent predictors?

I'll be in Saafend in August playing in the GPS Event there ... not quite the Aussie Open :(

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
so how many times can a losing player re-buy in to the game ?
Sometimes unlimited, however in a high-roller event like this the standard re-buy is one, so I'll plump for 1.

No More Rebuys
Posted 1 minute ago by Happy_Freaked • Level 7: 5,000-10,000, 1,000 ante

Registration has closed and there will be no more rebuys or late entrants into the events. That means Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Dan Shak and John Juanda will not be competing this year.

Read more: Live Reporting | 2013 Aussie Millions | $250,000 Challenge | PokerNews

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I dont play, or understand poker so having read the thread i'm still unclear as to whether he's doing ok or not. I just want him to be happy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
http://$250,000 Challenge - latest chip counts

Blinking eck! That's some field he's up against!

Currently 8th of 11 left in! Tony needs to come 4th just to get his entry fees back! First prize Aus $2 Mill.!

Brit pro. Sam Trickett just had a good hand, after being last at one stage!

Out - Mercier, Esfandari, and Hansen :ohmy: 3 pros that haven't got shabby bank balances!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here