Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom on train back from Nottingham

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Yep. That's my experience of the time he "bought a round of drinks" for the Falmer For All team in the Sportsman. Only when every drink was poured did he admit that he wasn't carrying either cash or a card.

Fortunately, Mr Hebberd was on hand and trouble was avoided.

The Lizard should never have to buy a drink in this town again! Thanks for the Stadium Tony

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Was he wearing his pants outside his trousers? BECAUSE THAT GUY IS A SUPERHERO.

Gus may well one day be poached by another team ( :( ) BUT nobody else is ever gonna get our Tone.

MEGA LEGEND

Someone posted a YouTube clip on here recently of Tony, plus I believe his dad and uncle, being interviewed at an Australian poker tournament recently. It struck me what a blindingly ordinary trio (and I do mean that as a compliment) they were. However I if I were a top businessman/demon poker player I suspect that quiet and unassuming may be quite an asset in lulling ones opponents into a false sense of security.

I think we are fortunate in having the two top men at the club rapidly approaching deity status - may it continue and hope that the team hit the ground running come August.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could/should have asked him why he isn't in the Sunday Times Rich List?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
elwheelio;4098589 Things he did say were: * we may play spurs at Falmer for first match and again in Portugal Great guy and an Albion legend.[/QUOTE said:
and again in Portugal?? is this a wind up?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
ref: Spurs friendly

The game is all about US not Spurs (er not a bad li'l team btw) for a friendly or any bloody one else and is our opening celebration of the Amex, the real , meaningful,official, prestige games at the Amex are in the Championship, Cups etc and especially against Palace oh yes indeedy !!!! Thousands of eyes will be mainly looking round the building from their seats and the game will be secondary. Spurs and Harry etc have said yes so should be thanked, Man U probably obliging Crawley at Broadfield anyway lol

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Somebody must have some phone footage of our Tone from yesterday they can post?

yes, but not a techie so give us some time - a day or two!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was on the same train, but was just 2 minutes from getting off at Luton Airport Parkway when someone came into our carriage asking if there were any Brighton fans about. When a bit of a cheer went up - he announced that Tony Bloom was in the next carriage and was chatting with all the fans and was on his way down. Gutted to have missed all the fun!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
You could/should have asked him why he isn't in the Sunday Times Rich List?

Could be something to do with spending all his money on a superb, state of the art stadium for his football club n'est-ce pas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here