Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights X Factor

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why is it that in every series there is one act that is absolute rubbish but seems to catch the public imagination and keep getting voted through, or is it done as a piss take, hence Daniel in this series The McDonald Bros in a previous.

And Chico...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I know. He had a much better final performance too. Plus he looks like an ASOS fashion model!

Exactly!!!! He's well mouldable too - looks like someone who could be on the cover of an album, unlike that chavvy woman who should concentrate on getting her kids back instead of boasting about having them taken away!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Rachel, much as I dont like her was best on the sing off. Austins version of 'will you still love me tomorrow' was awful probably because I know and liked the original so perhaps a little biased.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still don't get Diana - what do people see in her?

An interesting voice amongst the karaoke singers that make up the rest of X Factor. Last two weeks have been Big Band and Disco which are about as unsuited as you can get fro her voice and yet she's still be one of the better ones in both. Definite star quality imo unlike any of the previous winners, with the exception of Leona.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Diana's version of 'Call Me' was stunning last night :)

When I heard that she was singing that song, I didn't think she would be able to pull it off. But she did, and she did it in style. I want her to win!

As for Austin getting the boot...I think it was completely the wrong decision. That's the second week in a row where the wrong decision has been made :nono: The weakest of the Three boys is now the only one left!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As for Austin getting the boot...I think it was completely the wrong decision. That's the second week in a row where the wrong decision has been made :nono: The weakest of the Three boys is now the only one left!!!

Let's hope he goes next and wipes the smug grin off Cowell's face when he is left with no singers. Cowell has excelled in finding absolutely APPALLING songs for his singers in this X Factor, Austin was a bit of a crybaby twat but with decent songs he wouldn't have come anywhere near being booted out. Totally Simon Cowell's fault, should have spent more time on his own singers, and employed someone to help him choose a song, as he hasn't got a clue, than bitching about everyone elses.

Although Eoghan is SHITE anyway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Diana's version of 'Call Me' was stunning last night :)

As for Austin getting the boot...I think it was completely the wrong decision. : The weakest of the Three boys is now the only one left!!!

But he appeals to the teeny boppers amd mums ; 'oh isnt he cute;

I thought that Alexandra gave her best performance yesterday but Daniel undoubtedly should have walked.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
But Diana's voice is not that good and she insists on that strange upward inflection at the end of EVERY line. I guess someone has told her that's her USP, but ffs - at the end of EVERY line?

Having bad hair and no shoes doesn't make you unique - tramps do that all the time!

Add to that the occasional horrible nasal honk ("you take take the girl out of Blackburn...") and it makes for a pretty nasty package.

But I seem to be in a minority.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Anybody who voted to save Daniel should hang their head in shame, He is just a total cheeseburger with that nauseating sympathy beg. Diana has something special, I don't think her performance was that great last night but she is the one i always look forward to. Laura will begin to fade, great voice but lacks presence, Alexander is phenomenal, her confidence has surged, JLS great together but individually they are exposed. Eoghan has the cute factor and has actually done very well for a sixteen year old. I love Rachel's voice and I think she may find a niche once the X factor is over. Ruth isn't going to win but she is bloody sexy and gives wow performances. Final three - Eoghan, Diana and Alexander

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sorry Alexandra not Alexander. P.S Will Young top bloke, Cheryl Cole star of the show

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Still don't get Diana - what do people see in her?

I ask myself the same question. I guess it's probably because she thinks she's 'alternative'. Citing Damien Rice as a musical influence and having messy hair cannot make you alternative. She looks like every other middle class female uni student who wears Ugg boots, Jack Wills pyjamas and spends hours working on the just-got-out-of-bed look. I hate her voice, sounds painful. She is definitely trying too hard.

I don't actually have a favourite to win. I just have them ranked in least irritating order. Ruth is probably the least objectionable. Diana will definitely make final three unfortunately.

.... Laura will begin to fade, great voice but lacks presence, ....

She's not yet developed a showbiz, stage entertainer's body-language.
But - and I'm not one to crow about these karaoke wannabes they normally put on this show - her voice makes me sit up and rush into the other room. She's truly got a vocal talent that I would happily listen to regardless of how badly she dresses (and it is pretty bad), and how she stands or walks or from where she's singing.
She's astounding, and for the record - that's what they are going to get when they buy the cd.

Like the chubby greyhead said; "Laura The Voice"

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
She looks like every other middle class female uni student who wears Ugg boots, Jack Wills pyjamas and spends hours working on the just-got-out-of-bed look..

Thank Christ there is someone who agrees with me - I wouldn't even say she was a Uni student - my 14 year old has a dozen chums who look EXACTLY like her. Nothing alternative about her at all.

(Re Laura) She's truly got a vocal talent that I would happily listen to regardless of how badly she dresses (and it is pretty bad)

Exactly - every time I hear her sing I think to myself, I'd buy her album if that song was on it - every week.

Maybe what we are seeing here is just a difference in taste - no artist (or 'artiste' as the chav Rachel referred to herself a couple of weeks ago) will appeal to everyone. But I think I can discriminate - and Diana........nope - just don't get it.

Will all come out in the wash when they make records!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here