Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights Team and Trialists

Uncle Buck said:
Kuipers has a habit of picking up serious injuries and gets himself fit. McCammon neither seems to have the level of physical fitness needed to start with, so I would say that it is a poor analogy.

I would say that's down to your oft-stated prejudice against Big Mac. On a Seagulls World feature that measured the players' fitness in pre-season, Big Mac came out top of one of the measurings, might have been body mass I think.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I would say that's down to your oft-stated prejudice against Big Mac. On a Seagulls World feature that measured the players' fitness in pre-season, Big Mac came out top of one of the measurings, might have been body mass I think.

Even when not carrying injuries the guy was never fit, which suggests either he was not training properly or that he should have retired from football. As it seems he was part of the same issue as a certain other striker I would guess it was more of an attitude thing.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Why is it that you stubbornly refuse to accept that in the case of McCammon there are people on here and in the crowd who do not come on here who thought he was dreadful, in the same way as Millwall fans and Brentford fans did also?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

I would say it's a bit dubious that Iwelumo has developed at the age he is at,

Players can develop later, look at Luca Toni.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think its fair to say that out the two most people would plump for Iwelumo over Big Mac.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
All the time with McCammon, it was the constant depressingly blind hope that we all had that maybe he would be of some use to us. The fact is, I remember his contribution as minimal and he was more trouble than he was worth. I'm glad he's gone and I would be delighted if we signed Iwelumo tomorrow (not that it will ever happen again)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I think its fair to say that out the two most people would plump for Iwelumo over Big Mac.

We only saw Iwelumo at League 1 and Big Mac at Championship level. I expect Iwelumo to be as shit as Big Mac in the Championship. Personally I thought Big mac was a better player but he was NEVER fit. I have never ever seen a player have a lie down at half time before, I have no idea what the problem was that day or what it is with him but he definitely has a fitness problem.

Uncle Buck said:
Even when not carrying injuries the guy was never fit, which suggests either he was not training properly or that he should have retired from football. As it seems he was part of the same issue as a certain other striker I would guess it was more of an attitude thing.

But if he didn't train, why did he come out of those pre-season fitness trials so well?

I agree with you that he may have been a disruptive and rebellious player for McGhee to manage, but I don't think that automatically translates as to he was doing the same as Knight, pissing around and turning up late for training. Unless you heard otherwise of course :)

Anyways, he's gone now, shouldn't we be arguing about whether Revell is a donkey or not? :drink:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Iwelumo is technically a better player but sometimes ineffectual while Big Mac always had presence but his fitness and coordination wasn't the best. I would quite happily have either right now.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But if he didn't train, why did he come out of those pre-season fitness trials so well?

I agree with you that he may have been a disruptive and rebellious player for McGhee to manage, but I don't think that automatically translates as to he was doing the same as Knight, pissing around and turning up late for training. Unless you heard otherwise of course :)

Anyways, he's gone now, shouldn't we be arguing about whether Revell is a donkey or not? :drink:

I think it was more to do with cliques as to where the issues were.

Revell, well lets see how he copes tonight. He seems to have decent attitude and this is a second chance for him.

Dies Irae said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Why is it that you stubbornly refuse to accept that in the case of McCammon there are people on here and in the crowd who do not come on here who thought he was dreadful, in the same way as Millwall fans and Brentford fans did also?

There were plenty of people on NSC who thought Iwelumo was dreadful while he was here and I could show you the threads - that proves bugger all :smokin:

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Woody the Seagull said:
Overall, I reckon Iwelumo is a far superior player to McCammon. We could have done with someone like Iwelumo last season and I thought he was good when he was with us.

Well said that man, although I honestly still think we will come to regret releasing big mac. Obviously it's partly due to his personal issues with MM because MM rate/rated him as a player but players like him are certainly effective in league 1. Iwelumo should have been signed the day after we beat brizzle in the play offs no doubt about it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Uncle Buck said:
Revell, well lets see how he copes tonight. He seems to have decent attitude and this is a second chance for him.

Hope the fella does well for us.

I wonder if we are still after big Gifton? Or has he gone elsewhere and i've missed it?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
There were plenty of people on NSC who thought Iwelumo was dreadful while he was here and I could show you the threads - that proves bugger all :smokin:

I agree with you...it just seemed indicative of how you do feel it necessary to snipe at people.

"hang on let me find a smiley that refelcts the mood of that post"

:yawn:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
sir danny cullip said:
Attitude yes but ability I'm not so sure. He will get the support as long as he's giving 100%.

The thing is you can never be certain til they start playing. You can gauge whether a player has a chance but it is almost impossible to tell definately. Still the signs are good, I always think the step is more mental if the player looks like they have ability. If he is an intelligent player and has confidence in his ability then I don't see why he won't succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here