Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights Team and Trialists

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
brightonfan_86 said:
Looks like Bagayoko isn't going to sign with us because there is no sign of him playing tonight and good news about Martin Brittain, I'm not sure about this new striker on trial.

It could be that McGhee wants to have a look at all his options before commiting to signing Bagayoko. If Rents doesn't look up to much against Colchester then that could open the door for Bagayoko. If Rents looks comfortable then I guess we won't need another left back and the money he saves on wages etc can go towards another part of the team.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Les Biehn said:
The thing is you can never be certain til they start playing. You can gauge whether a player has a chance but it is almost impossible to tell definately. Still the signs are good, I always think the step is more mental if the player looks like they have ability. If he is an intelligent player and has confidence in his ability then I don't see why he won't succeed.

Having only seen him at Aldershot what strikes me is that he isnt a massive guy who plays because he's big (mc cammon/iwelumo). He isn't lightning quick although he is obviously no slouch so seems to be an all round player which may benefit him and us next year as we can choose to play it long to him or play it down the channels which should help us vary our play. Lets hope he gets a chance.

garry nelsons left foot said:
It could be that McGhee wants to have a look at all his options before commiting to signing Bagayoko. If Rents doesn't look up to much against Colchester then that could open the door for Bagayoko. If Rents looks comfortable then I guess we won't need another left back and the money he saves on wages etc can go towards another part of the team.

It could be anything, he could have a knock, or he's planning to use him Thursday at Crawley, or at MK DINS.

Last edited:

Dies Irae said:
I agree with you...it just seemed indicative of how you do feel it necessary to snipe at people.

"hang on let me find a smiley that refelcts the mood of that post"

:yawn:

And I love the way you teach me the error of my ways - by constant sniping :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Bagayoko wasn't at training yesterday.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sir danny cullip said:
Having only seen him at Aldershot what strikes me is that he isnt a massive guy who plays because he's big (mc cammon/iwelumo). He isn't lightning quick although he is obviously no slouch so seems to be an all round player which may benefit him and us next year as we can choose to play it long to him or play it down the channels which should help us vary our play. Lets hope he gets a chance.

isnt that what we have in Jakey, CKR and Gatting. I was under the impression that MM was after a big 6ft+ target man, a la iwo/mccamm/gnw/dichio

I still have a sneaking suspicion we will sign someone when I am off on holibobs. Last year it was the two frenchies, a while before that BZ.....I still hold out hope on Dichio.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
And I love the way you teach me the error of my ways - by constant sniping :clap:

So you at least admit you snipe. A brake through LI.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:

I dont think you need to be taught anything at all by anyone

;)

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill

Or maybe McGhee feels he's seen enough of him to offer Bagayoko a contract.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dies Irae said:
isnt that what we have in Jakey, CKR and Gatting. I was under the impression that MM was after a big 6ft+ target man, a la iwo/mccamm/gnw/dichio

I still have a sneaking suspicion we will sign someone when I am off on holibobs. Last year it was the two frenchies, a while before that BZ.....I still hold out hope on Dichio.

Well I would say CKR doesnt really give us the option of the long ball and a flick on whereas Revell is more likely to. Jake definately works the channels well but again doesn't give that physical presence. Maybe MM has realised he doesn't have a hope of signing this household name he's been banging on about and has gone for a striker that he knows will give 100% and can do both the jobs to a reasonable standard. Lets wait and see, I really hope we get Dichio.

I'm still catiously optimistic on Bagayoko - I think from his interview there were only lower league French clubs after him over us - it is only a question of how much we are willng to pay I guess and that might be a tricky question given that he's still pretty young and untested, and its' not the kind of thing you can make you mind up on immediately.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sir danny cullip said:
Well I would say CKR doesnt really give us the option of the long ball and a flick on whereas Revell is more likely to. Jake definately works the channels well but again doesn't give that physical presence. Maybe MM has realised he doesn't have a hope of signing this household name he's been banging on about and has gone for a striker that he knows will give 100% and can do both the jobs to a reasonable standard. Lets wait and see, I really hope we get Dichio.

No that is what I was getting at.....our present strikeforce are not the tallest, and revell doesnt look that tall ( I stand corrected if he is)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
sir danny cullip said:

We definately need a hold up player, probably more than a target man. We have players who make good runs (Jakey off defenders shoulders and CKR from deep) so if the football is gonna be better than someone who holds defenders off and plays others in will suit me. Haven't seen enough of Revell to decide which he is/could be.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dies Irae said:
No that is what I was getting at.....our present strikeforce are not the tallest, and revell doesnt look that tall ( I stand corrected if he is)

He is taller although he is not the MASSIVE target man ala big mac/gifton but a lot more mobile than both.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sir danny cullip said:
He is taller although he is not the MASSIVE target man ala big mac/gifton but a lot more mobile than both.

well at least that will give us a better option - did we actually sign him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here