Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights Team and Trialists

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Apparently this McBreen fella was on trial with Northampton a few weeks back. Played in a friendly against 1860 Munich. Can't really tell from the match report whether he was any good or not though.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
seagully said:
Apparently this McBreen fella was on trial with Northampton a few weeks back. Played in a friendly against 1860 Munich. Can't really tell from the match report whether he was any good or not though.

Well I guess the fact he has actually scored more than 10 goals in a season is a positive when you look at the other forwards that we have available to us.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If I've got the right player then before he went to Falkirk he was playing in Romania, where he scored about 3 goals in four years.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Be interesting to see how good Iwelumo is against us, for what it's worth I though he was a bit of a donkey but effective and probably better than anything we have got here....at the moment

He was banging them in for fun last season!

:nono:

Hersee

Jul 26, 2004
Daniel McBreen stats.....

2000/01 Newcastle United 23 6
2001/02 Adelaide City

2002/03 Universitatea Craiova 13 1
2003/04 Universitatea Craiova 19 2
2004/05 Falkirk 23 13
2005/06 Falkirk 32 6

Think he kept Shearer out of the Newcastle team in 2000/01??!!!

Dies Irae said:
Is anyone else 100% convinced Henderson will start as MM went out of his way to persuade DK to buy him, even though Kuips was known to be back fit

At £20,000 for an international keeper, I wouldn't have thought Dick Knight would have needed a lot of persuading.

Icy Gull said:
Be interesting to see how good Iwelumo is against us, for what it's worth I though he was a bit of a donkey but effective and probably better than anything we have got here....at the moment

Similar to McCammon, can make a mark in League 1, but not quite good enough higher up as his record for Stoke shows.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Similar to McCammon, can make a mark in League 1, but not quite good enough higher up as his record for Stoke shows.

God help us with Revell then :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Similar to McCammon, can make a mark in League 1, but not quite god enough higher up as his record for Stoke shows.

McCammon's best tally was something like 9 for Brentford one year in this league, Iwelumo got around 20 last season, which would suggest Iwelumo has developed as a player. Whether McCammon has or will is doubtful, but I guess part of that is down to attitude.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hersee said:
Daniel McBreen stats.....

2000/01 Newcastle United 23 6
2001/02 Adelaide City

2002/03 Universitatea Craiova 13 1
2003/04 Universitatea Craiova 19 2
2004/05 Falkirk 23 13
2005/06 Falkirk 32 6

Think he kept Shearer out of the Newcastle team in 2000/01??!!!

Only if Shearer played in Australia....

Uncle Buck said:
McCammon's best tally was something like 9 for Brentford one year in this league, Iwelumo got around 20 last season, which would suggest Iwelumo has developed as a player. Whether McCammon has or will is doubtful, but I guess part of that is down to attitude.
That's mainly down to Big Mac's fitness problems as he hardly ever plays a full season, he was knocking them in at the rate of 1 every second game with Bristol which was similar if not better than Iwelumo's rate.

I would say it's a bit dubious that Iwelumo has developed at the age he is at, but I guess we'll see this season, he'll certainly get more games at Colchester than he did at Stoke - basically because Colchester can't afford anyone better whereas Stoke could.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
That's mainly down to Big Mac's fitness problems as he hardly ever plays a full season, he was knocking them in at the rate of 1 every second game with Bristol which was similar if not better than Iwelumo's rate.

I would say it's a bit dubious that Iwelumo has developed at the age he is at, but I guess we'll see this season, he'll certainly get more games at Colchester than he did at Stoke - basically because Colchester can't afford anyone better whereas Stoke could.

McCammon's fitness seems to always been an issue and maybe that is down to attitude, such as he is not a good trainer?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He's hardly the 'household name' Mcghee was talking about though is he? Not that I'll be complaining if he's any good.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
God help us with Revell then :lolol:

I think Revell may surprise cynics like you - here's hoping anyway :drink:

If the standard we're now meant to be aiming at is Iwelumo, I don't think Revell is far away from that on what little I've seen.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
McCammon's fitness seems to always been an issue and maybe that is down to attitude, such as he is not a good trainer?

Would you say the same about Kuipers too, he hardly ever finishes a season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here