Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrow,s world cup vote.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
With shades of the 'big guns' all being in Zurich Prince William,Cameron,Beckham,Seb Coe and with what appears to be one-to-one meetings with those that have a vote and that worked well in the Olympic bid. Is the press/media actually right when they go on about Englands bid now being seen in a positive light ? Beckham gave a good live press conference,even if some of the press tried to trip him up. :shrug::wave:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to the "Three Lions" in championing our cause, but I'm sure Johnny Foreigner will be unable to resist snubbing 3 of our top boys and the rest of the country.

There is absolutely no historic evidence to suggest FIFA will give us the gig. Arguably, we'd have been better off sending Russell Brand, Noel Fielding and Gazza to take the delegates out on a night they'd never forget.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what's the genuine odds on us getting it? I heard we were strong favs but now 3rd favs?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've got to admit that if it's true what they've been saying about FIFA wanting exemption from UK laws so that it's easier for them to launder the money etc - I actively hope we DON'T get it.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
i think we may sneek it - getting cameron, beckham and william there early sends a strong message. thankfully we didnt send prince andrew to support bid

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've got to admit that if it's true what they've been saying about FIFA wanting exemption from UK laws so that it's easier for them to launder the money etc - I actively hope we DON'T get it.

Having seen the contract that the host nation has to sign (just like the olympic one) it merely asks for all FIFA employees and officers to be exempt from UK tax so that income earned during the tournament by FIFA doesn't come tax deducted. This has been the case since 1962. It will require ratification by Parliament just like the Olympic one did.

What is interesting is that I understand one of those mentioned on Monday's programme has instructed lawyers against the BBC. Wonder how that will progress?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So what's the genuine odds on us getting it? I heard we were strong favs but now 3rd favs?

On betfair its

11/10 Russia
7/4 England
6-1 Portugal and Spain
38-1 Belgium and Holland

I am tempted to lay England big. 1/2 we get beat is a fantastic price.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I prefer to withdraw rather than kowtow to that bunch of crooks.

After watching that show, I agree.

How about England pull out of FIFA, find some other like minded countries, there must be others, and form a breakaway football federation. Stick Blatter and those odious creeps he has hanging on, do we really want those thieves in Englang, imagine how much money they'll be skimming off if they come to the 'treasure island' that is England.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
On betfair its

11/10 Russia
7/4 England
6-1 Portugal and Spain
38-1 Belgium and Holland

I am tempted to lay England big. 1/2 we get beat is a fantastic price.

That may need amending. Putin has decided not to attend to support the Russian bid and has reportedly said he is unhappy at collusion between Spain/Portugal and Qatar.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
After watching that show, I agree.

How about England pull out of FIFA, find some other like minded countries, there must be others, and form a breakaway football federation. Stick Blatter and those odious creeps he has hanging on, do we really want those thieves in Englang, imagine how much money they'll be skimming off if they come to the 'treasure island' that is England.

we could bring back the home internationals! :nono:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The word is FIFA want to 'leave a legacy', ie, grow the game globally, so Russia ticks that particular box much more than England does, as the game here is of course well established already.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some good headline potential could come out of this mess. Re 2022:

"Aussies Waltzing Matilda While My Qatar Gently Weeps"

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here