Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser

Sullivan I agree was a mistake, Fraser certainly wasn't.

And an ex manager who seemed to be totally and utterly clueless in his last spell here appointing him as captain certainly doesn't make me change that opinion.

The beauty of football is differences in opinions.

IMO Sullivan was right to go, unless we were looking for a 3rd keeper.
Fraser I thought shouldn't have gone.
He is one to watch for the future & it wouldn't surprise me if in 2/3 years time he is playing for a bigger club than us

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bit young to be appointed club captain isn't he? Boy's still finding his feet as a player.

Well I believe a certain Tony Adams was made Arsenal captain at 21.

Im not comparing him to Tony just commenting on the young age bit

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Nice one TOM!

I'll miss your family in the North Stand.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well I believe a certain Tony Adams was made Arsenal captain at 21.

Im not comparing him to Tony just commenting on the young age bit

On the same note Cesc at Arsenal (obviously not in the same league).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would agree that letting Sullivan go appears to be a mistake, time will tell. That said letting Fraser go seems to be the right thing, IMO. Yes he talks on the pitch, or rather moans, I don't see him being the inspirational capatin all clubs need, I could be wrong and, to be honest, hope I am; good luck to him but this could be an additional load he doesn't need right now.

Come on the Albion ...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i'll be looking out for him and loft on match of the day this coming saturday.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This is laughable on so many levels, the first being he's amongst the worst midfielders ever to play for our club. The second being he showed no captain-like skills at all. The third being he couldn't lead a drunk to a pub. The fourth being he will end up proving to be not good enough even for league two. The fifth being he's only 21. The sixth being he clearly rates himself more than anyone he'll be playing with at Port Vale.

But to the person asks why we would wish an ex-player ill, well as if being utterly useless for us wasn't enough, he topped that off an unfounded and childish slagging off and defamation of the greatest chairman this club has ever had - a man who has done a billion times more for BHAFC than Fraser ever will.

It makes me wonder if you aren't getting him mixed up with Adam El-Abd. :rolleyes:

Suffice to say I thought he did bloody well for us at the business-end of last season, but I can understand RS letting him go. But hey, what do I know?

Good luck to the kid at Vale, I say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is laughable on so many levels, the first being he's amongst the worst midfielders ever to play for our club. The second being he showed no captain-like skills at all. The third being he couldn't lead a drunk to a pub. The fourth being he will end up proving to be not good enough even for league two. The fifth being he's only 21. The sixth being he clearly rates himself more than anyone he'll be playing with at Port Vale.

But apart from that, fine?

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Slade dropped a brick when he let Fraser go along with Sullivan. 2 big errors from Slade imo.

Sullivan maybe. Fraser may be an ok league 2 player but he's shit for a decent league 1 club (us) and is way out of his league in the championship (where we're heading due to getting rid of dead wood like him)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

What a load of utter SHITE.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Not sure why someone so petulant is deserving of an armband to be honest. Blaming ball boys, shoving an injured teammate and shouting off at the chairman who didn't offer him a contract are hardly examples of leadership.

A very strange decision by Adams, although we should be used to them by now.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Would be great to see him do well, get a move to the Prem and prove all the HATERS wrong.......

...oh and if I can get a discount on office stuff of your cousin that would be SUPERB!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But to the person asks why we would wish an ex-player ill, well as if being utterly useless for us wasn't enough, he topped that off an unfounded and childish slagging off and defamation of the greatest chairman this club has ever had - a man who has done a billion times more for BHAFC than Fraser ever will.

Nowhere near the worst midfielders to play for the club, that is just plain crap.
Captain of the youth and (i think) the ressies before getting breaking into the first team, so again you don't know what you on about.
What has the fact he is 21 got to do with anything?
How do you know he rates himself more than anyone at Port Vale?
The rest, well your experience as a football league manager would be? or even as as a manager or coach at local league level or youth level or anywhere??

He has gone time to get over your dislike, did he turn you down or something

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Good luck to the lad but.......bottom line is Navarro, Crofts ( I see these two as the replacements for Tommy) are far better. As for getting rid of Sullivan, Smith is better then him as is Kuipers so on bith counts correct result. Uncle Speilberg is harsh but in essence correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here