Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Getting rid of Sullivan was not the best of moves.

On a relatively small wage and a super prospect.

Football isn't all about who plays in the next game you know.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
yep good luck to him. tried hard, wasnt the greates but all we could afford at the time. he always wanted it and worked hard. hope he does well and kicks on with the vale

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I wish him well.

Agree with those who don't rate him ... but ... he did a pretty good job in central midfield at the end of last season. Benefit of a settled team methinks ... thanks to a certain Mr Slade.

Not what we need for this season, but hope he does well in League 2.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
he's amongst the worst midfielders ever to play for our club.

Badger, according to your profile you're 22 years old. Now, trying to be polite here, but I've been a season ticket holder for 23 years, longer than you've been alive, and I don't consider myself able to make such a statement because the club is over 100 years old, meaning I've witnessed less than a quarter of its history. How the hell then do you justify such a statement? In my 23 seasons I've seen Albion run out with a midfield comprised entirely of players worse than Fraser, so to describe somebody else's post as 'laughable' and then post that, smacks of breathtaking arrogance and ignorance fella.

Just my tuppence worth, you understand. :thumbsup:

I never did, and I don't think ever will, understand the depth of the critism of Fraser. He was certainly fairly limited, but tried his best and wasn't (in the games that I saw) ever THAT bad. I certainly don't think he was terrible.

I think it's this thread, TCB, that you say that the final straw in your hatred of Fraser was when he slagged off DK, but be fair, that is bollocks. You'd already well and truly established your hatred for him well before that. The number of posts I saw from you where you slated him last season is phenomenal, given that he was one of our players.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is laughable on so many levels, the first being he's amongst the worst midfielders ever to play for our club. The second being he showed no captain-like skills at all. The third being he couldn't lead a drunk to a pub. The fourth being he will end up proving to be not good enough even for league two. The fifth being he's only 21. The sixth being he clearly rates himself more than anyone he'll be playing with at Port Vale.

But to the person asks why we would wish an ex-player ill, well as if being utterly useless for us wasn't enough, he topped that off an unfounded and childish slagging off and defamation of the greatest chairman this club has ever had - a man who has done a billion times more for BHAFC than Fraser ever will.

I'd love to see how you get through your everyday life with such a black and white view of the world. There really is no middle ground with you, is there?

Fraser is apparently shit beyond belief, one of our worst ever players, who never did a single thing right.

Your favourite player, on the other hand (need I name names?) cannot put a foot wrong, never ever screws up because it's always somebody else's fault, and is unequivocally the biggest legend ever to wear an Albion shirt.

Is there anything in life that you think is just OK, or pretty good but with room for improvement? Sheesh, if I was your hairdresser, or serving you a meal in a restaurant, I would be absolutely CRAPPING it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sheesh, if I was your hairdresser, or serving you a meal in a restaurant, I would be absolutely CRAPPING it.

If he gobbed-off in a restaurant like he often does on here, I'd be absolutely crapping in his meal!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So there you go, off the top of my head that's 7 players who don't fall into the "black and white" philosophy. And that's why I don't tend to discuss them on here. If someone's brilliant, like Michel, I'll take time to praise them. If someone's shit, like Fraser, I'll take time to criticise. If someone is neither I won't say a word! It doesn't mean my whole life is one of extremes!

Well as you say, it's a matter of opinions, and I think even the most ardent fans/opponents of the two players we're talking about in particular would agree that they are neither genius nor horseshit, and the truth in fact lies somewhere inbetween.

Fraser for me seemed to have influence on games when he came on as sub, but never quite so much when he started, which was slightly frustrating. He has his good points, but never showed them consistently enough to win a place.

Kuipers has been brilliant in the past, but had a distinctly average season last year. I realise this will all be white noise to you, but when I watched the end of season DVD, there were frequent moments when I wanted to close my eyes watching Kuipers (and to be fair, Sullivan).

The fact is: Fraser had good and bad games. Kuipers had (and will continue to have) good and bad games. No player is flawless, or irretrievably shite, no matter how much you want them to be.

I think that's what most of the posters on here are trying to tell you- and frankly if you think Fraser is one of our worst players ever, then you must have missed much of the late 1980s and virtually all of the 1990s. I could cry just thinking about some of the excuses for footballers we suffered back then.

simon101

and smith MUST score
Aug 4, 2009
lewes
Port Vale deserve him

Let him go. Big heart, no talent. Cocky little so and so. Thought he was better than he was. Will end up at Lewes .................. about his standard :guns:

I will simply never agree with your synopsis of Fraser, TCB. Perhaps we just have different expectations of a 21 year old footballer who has come through the ranks. I don't expect everyone to come into the first team and display the ability of (say) a Tommy Elphick (which Fraser clearly didn't). However I do think he could have done a job this season. Having said all of that, I think that RS was completely right in letting him go, because IMO all of the centre midfield players that he's bought in have been better. So fair play to him.

I certainly wouldn't wish Fraser anything but good luck though. And to slag him off, because he had a bit of a go at the chairman when he was disapointed at being let go is a bit churlish, TBH. Some people on this board would use that as evidence that there was some kind of club commisioned vendetta being executed :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here