Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick talking about his ordeal front page of Argus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You know what? Normally on here I'd attempt to add a few salient points to a debate where I feel someone really has got the wrong end of the stick, whether through (understandable) lack of knowledge or just because they have a problem with the police for whatever reason.

But there are SO many points being made on this thread that are so badly wrong, I just can't be bothered to go through them all. It's driving me nuts just reading it. Is there really nobody on here actually able to grasp why arrests might only just have been made, for example?? :facepalm:

Perhaps the alleged victim has decided to prosecute only now,or come forward?
As i understand and i am no expert,the arrest is made on reasonable on more than just circumstantial and as such,going to court although innocent until proved guilty,suffi cent evidence is at hand to see the case through in court?

Like i say i know little about law,but to me it's not looking good for the accused,especially as one player has been removed from suspicion etc.

Stumpy Tim

You realy are a propper bellend, try reading this thred we are Not angry they printed the names, we are angry about a full page picture of the amex, and 3 pictures of the brighton badge on the front page . As allready stated if this was a supermarket employee would the argus have put a half page picture of asda and three asda logos on the front page

I think there's only one bellend on this thread and that's Captain ShitSpeller yourself. Your argument (like your vocab) is similar to that of a 5 year old simple child.

Footballers are in the public eye, that's why they're on the front page. Is that too hard to work out? The death of Steve Jobs was on the front page of newspapers because he was in the public eye. The death of my Grandfather wasn't on the front page because no one knew who he was. Get it thicky?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You know what? Normally on here I'd attempt to add a few salient points to a debate where I feel someone really has got the wrong end of the stick, whether through (understandable) lack of knowledge or just because they have a problem with the police for whatever reason.

But there are SO many points being made on this thread that are so badly wrong, I just can't be bothered to go through them all. It's driving me nuts just reading it. Is there really nobody on here actually able to grasp why arrests might only just have been made, for example?? :facepalm:

For once i would suggest this would be a very good time to bother.
I and a lot of people on here i would guess do not have a clue why arrests might only just have been made, Not a clue, please give us the benefit of knowledge of these matters.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Please explain from a police point of view constable...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I know nothing about how it works I'm afraid.

I'm guessing it's because they don't want to give you an opportunity to remove files from your PC/Phone?

Although it does all seem a little OTT, to someone with no knowledge of how such things work, when surely just asking TE for an interview down at the station to determine his whereabouts would have sufficed.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For anybody who is surprised at the way the OB have treated Tommy Elphick, you shouldn't be as this is all standard practice. Everyone I know who has been arrested has the same story.

The idea is to make you as uncomfortable as possible, this means nicking you at an intentionally shit time, pushing you around, being really rude and asking leading questions or trying to trick you into saying stuff in the interview. At the end of the day they'e OB trying to arrest you, they're not going to tell you jokes and be all pally.

What they're doing in this situation is trying to get as much information as possible so even if it was just one person who actually did something everyone named as being there gets taken in and questioned, this is a perfect example of why you say nothing if you get nicked because by talking you're doing their job for them (unless the complaint really is total nonsence of course, then you just tell the truth :lolol:)

*edit* PS, would really like Edna to explain how this has taken 6 months for arrests to be made as I'm genuinely interested and can't remotely work out how :shrug:

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
I have wracked my brains for reasons as to why the alleged crime was reported at the time, and yet the men concerned were only identified recently. The only reason I can think of is that the woman concerned wasn't able to identify them until now. I would be extremely interested to know what the other possibilities might be.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I'm interested in knowing how the Scene Of Crime was inspected without the Hotel Management knowing?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
So Tommy's mouth was swabbed and hair taken. Now the police have admitted he is innocent of all crimes will his DNA be destroyed?
Dream on!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If people will continue to speculate about the case, NSC wil be closed until such time as the case is concluded.

This is your last warning of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here