Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick is rubbish, sorry if this has offended any of you but i'm afraid he is.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Virgo is slow, cant control or pass the football and elphick is slow, cant control or pass the football. Other than that yeah Virgo and Elphick are just great.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Agreeing with Bens Grandad, El-Abd had a great game and was one of our best players out there yesterday along with Dicker and Crofts.

Yep, spot on. Bomber had a very good game. I was astonished that Slade gave him so little protection, given that he is playing out of position and can be a bit of a liability at full back. I was very worried that Oldham would seek to exploit the space on their right. Fortunately them seemed to concentrate most of their attacks down the left and El Abd looked comfortable whenever he was called upon.

Crofts was quality again. He has a little bit of everything. Looking like a great signing and would be a great captain.

A final point, and one I can't believe I'm making. Many of us (myself included) have been bemoaning the lack of an experienced head at the back. Should Hawkins get a run in the side? He was fairly good at the start of last season before he lost form and has rarely got a look in since. Butters was rubbish when he first signed but became a legend. Perhaps Hawkins could do the same? It may seem like a crazy idea (even to me!) but we're not getting any consistency with any combination of Tunnicliffe, Elphick and Virgo. Surely it's worth a try.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hawkins is not experienced. Also he's one of the worst players to EVER wear the stripes.

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
So El Abd's great, Crofts is quality and Hawkins should be in the team? f*** me, I need a drink after reading that. Ladies and gentlemen, if you ever wonder why we're a shit provincial club with no ambition, take a read of that post and it'll all become clear.

The complete badger ur a complete f***ing legend!!!!!! i agree with exatly everything u say

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i would drop yesterdays pair in favour of bringing in an experienced Butters esque centre half alongside james tunnicliffe, i would make crofts or Dicker my skipper

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So El Abd's great, Crofts is quality and Hawkins should be in the team? f*** me, I need a drink after reading that. Ladies and gentlemen, if you ever wonder why we're a shit provincial club with no ambition, take a read of that post and it'll all become clear.

:laugh:

- I said that El Abd had a "very good game" yesterday, not that he was great. There's a difference.

- Yes, I really rate Crofts. You really rate Kuipers, so I won't worry about disagreeing with you about a players ability.

- The Hawkins idea was purely born out of desperation. We're leaking goals and the defence clearly needs an old head to boss them about. We've tried all combinations of Tunnicliffe, Elphick and Virgo and it doesn't work. What we really need is another Butters, Cullip, Blackwell or Morgan and yes, it was a shit idea :blush:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Tommy Elphick is a f***ing disgrace to professional football. I've been saying it for two years and I'm boring myself now, but please please please just put this donkey down. Send him to the conference - surely Crawley could make some use of him? I just don't see what he brings to the party. No positive atributes whatsoever. And on the negative side there is lack of pace, endless hoofing of the ball which gives away possession, total inability to stick with a man (check out Oldham's second for the umpteenth example this season), clumsy tackling etc etc. f*** him off asap.

Agree. Replace Tommy Elphick with Adam Virgo and it reads just the same. On top of that, some kin idiot made Virgo Captain. Ludicrous decision.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
bounce.

Get rid. Surely we have seen enough of him playing like a little boy against men?
And why blame the linesman, who was as close to his pathetic gifting of the ball as the defender who gratefully walked past his prone body to flip it past Brezovan?

So what you are saying is that we should get rid of any player who makes a mistake even if they have been fantastic for the last two months. We wouldn't have many players left if we did. Certainly your favourite player Adam El Abd wouldn't be here (by the way I am not anti El Abd, actually I am a fan, I am just using the example to show how ridiculous you are being).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here