Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tomasz Kuszczak close to return to the Premier League"

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Call me sceptical, but there is a big difference between talking about a contract and signing one. Also, he knows the clubs policy on sorting out contracts at the end of the season so could be just a statement to appease the fans more than anything.
Maybe I am too cynical. By the way I have no problem with him saying this or even waiting until the summer to look at all his available options, it makes good sense for him and us really.

Like others have said its going to be a interesting summer.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Poyet has already brought in a new keeper, in January.

Is he injured then? I vaguely remember him signing a keeper from South American but can`t remember his name.

I`m only guessing that Poyet would be interested in him as he signed him for us.

He would have had to pay a fee to sign Kuszczak in January but now he`s a free agent and good enough to play in Prem.
When he signed for us we were making noises about going up and he did say he wanted to play in Premier league then.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There is a positive spin that no one has mentioned.

In an article the other day he was saying how settled and happy he was here , didnt get the impression it was just lip service as seemed to say a bit more than the standard lines.

Maybe this is all coming out to force the clubs hand

Certainly him talking to other clubs doesnt mean everything is doomed and even if it was then he is a decent enough pro to keep putting in the shifts

Storm in a tea cup for me

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Really?

Kuszczak ready to talk about contract

12:00pm Saturday 14th September 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
The Argus: Tomasz Kuszczak Tomasz Kuszczak

Tomasz Kuszczak is keen to open new contract talks with Albion.

The Polish goalkeeper’s two-year deal runs out at the end of the season.

He has established himself as No. 1 since signing from Manchester United and the 31-year-old is eager to stretch his stay with the Seagulls.

Kuszczak revealed to The Argus: “Nobody has talked to me about that yet.

“I am fully open and if the club decide to talk to me about a new contract I am most happy to do that.

“I am happy in Brighton. I love the club, the stadium, everything that happens around it. I want to be part of it.

“The life is beautiful too. It’s a great place to live for my family and all of these aspects are telling me to stay longer here.

“But it’s not in my power and I will wait.”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10675479.Kuszczak_ready_to_talk_about_contract/
Yer really.

September is a long time ago. I noticed around Christmas, he whole body language changed. He looked a broken man after some games.

Are you saying the club are willing to let him walk away?

According to the press, we are signing, Lampard, Joe Cole, Zamora next season. Are you going to let a premiership keeper walk away now!

This story was repeated again around Christmas, so I would even doubt that story you mention if even from Sepetember.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Tom will be here next season, and it won't be the clubs choice!

Good luck to him.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Up to him really, can't off the top of my head think of a Premier League side he would get into, but if he wants to be a Prem reserve rather than a Championship starter then good luck to him.

I'm guessing the reason we haven't offered him a new contract is he is probably on a fair wage, perhaps one we aren't prepared to match next season?

Think you are right gambles going to the prem as a sub goalie and the number 1 getting injured and giving him his chance. Whilst a talented keeper his distribution is woeful and something has stopped him from becoming permanent in the premiership. With the amount of games played with Man Utd he should have kicked on.Perhaps he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Top championship keeper, but not quite good enough for the prem. The only way he would get to play in the premiership is by getting promoted. Can see him going to a championship club that will challenge next year. Unless we have a clear out and sign better players, I cant see it being us.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Been coming. It's been pretty clear reading between the lines of some of his recent comments even from within the club's PR machine that he is very disappointed Brighton didn't go up last season, and that they are not in a great position this season.

I think he was giving us two years to do it. Time's almost up.

Great keeper, probably our best ever, and definitely Premier League class.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Si señor.

He must have picked up a bit, as I recall plenty of Palace fans questioning his performances in the early part of the season.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
He must have picked up a bit, as I recall plenty of Palace fans questioning his performances in the early part of the season.

Most definitely, he's always been slightly erratic but under Pulis, he's generally been superb.

I didn't used to think a goalkeeper was that important but Jules has been a fantastic servant to the club, replacing Pig could be an interesting challenge for you boys.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most definitely, he's always been slightly erratic but under Pulis, he's generally been superb.

I didn't used to think a goalkeeper was that important but Jules has been a fantastic servant to the club, replacing Pig could be an interesting challenge for you boys.

Do you think? It doesn't particularly worry me if he goes, to be honest. He's a decent keeper who hasn't been up to the stratospheric levels of last season. There are plenty of perfectly good keepers around at this level, so I'm happy that we'll get someone of adequate standard in, probably on lower wages than TK.

I honestly wouldn't fancy Speroni for the same reason you just mentioned: my perception of him is that he's erratic. Then again I'd imagine he'll see his career out at Castle Greyskull anyway if he's 35 already, whether he's first choice or not (presumably they'll look to give Hennessey a go at some point next season).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Southampton do have quite the collection of not-quite-up-to-it Premier League keepers, don't they?

Surely they can just magic a good one up from their youth academy.

Southampton now have to rely on Albion's rejects* to keep their academy stocked up - Will Britt

(*I have no idea if we rejected him, or he rejected us. He was an unused sub for our youth team once as an U-16, and then buggered off to the Saints. Anyway, he's only a bloody Gibraltan, nowhere near flair enough for us).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Speroni will be at Palace next season, I've no doubt.
The length of contract and terms will be dependent on what league we are in.
Also he could be given a future coaching role.
He has been superb since Pulis has been there, he can still play on for another two seasons at least.
Leicester rumoured to be keeping tabs on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here