Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Lynsey and Sacked?? Perhaps.

D

Deleted User X18H

My wife listens to the Southern Sound breakfast show. I usually listen to talksport or Radio Sussex on my Ipod to drown it out.

Anyway apparently (according to Mrs HB&B) one presenter is on paternity leave and the other two have all of a sudden both gone on holiday.

They have been many rumours that station was to merge with Mercury as the parent broadcaster looked to make massive cuts.

I suppose Noel Edmond style 1970's wind about the tax man or parking attendants are rather dated now.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Heart Sussex is indeed merging with Mercury, the same is happening to lots of Global Radio's stations across the country and a few of my friends have lost jobs as a result. No idea about the presenters in Brighton though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Load of wank anyway Tim. Talksport is fine, except for the obscene amount of advertising, I gave up on Talksport after I'd heard Timothy Spall talking about Wickes and the Go Compare advert for the 15th time in 15 minutes. Tune into Absolute 80s and you'll be fine.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
absolute radio is the only thing worth listening to on the airwaves at the minute :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
absolute radio is the only thing worth listening to on the airwaves at the minute :thumbsup:

I stumbled across that driving up the A23 the other day, kept me happy all the way round the M25.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Coming back to Brighton after 10 years over here presenting a blues/rock show on a local radio station...............any jobs going ???? Voluntary.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife listens to the Southern Sound breakfast show. I usually listen to talksport or Radio Sussex on my Ipod to drown it out.

I don't want to be seen to be PICKING on you, today, Tim, and I appreciate that almost everything you write is bullshit, typed for attention or 'kudos', but is this actually for REAL?

Whilst your wife and child are sat there having breakfast, at chez Tim, you sit there at the table with headphones on, listening to another radio station?

Please say this IS true.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't want to be seen to be PICKING on you, today, Tim, and I appreciate that almost everything you write is bullshit, typed for attention or 'kudos', but is this actually for REAL?

Whilst your wife and child are sat there having breakfast, at chez Tim, you sit there at the table with headphones on, listening to another radio station?

Please say this IS true.

No of course I don't. Breakfast here Droveside is a very audible event headphones would not make a lot a difference.

Simon you are very much flattering yourself if you think (and indeed admit) you are picking on me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Anyway apparently (according to Mrs HB&B) one presenter is on paternity leave and the other two have all of a sudden both gone on holiday.

They have been many rumours that station was to merge with Mercury as the parent broadcaster looked to make massive cuts.

I suppose Noel Edmond style 1970's wind about the tax man or parking attendants are rather dated now.

'Southern Sound' huh? Those were the days when it was a half decent station...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I unfortunately wake up to that crock of shit two bit breakfast show every morning (g/f's choice)(I dont put my ipod on though) and this morning was thinking it was strange that Spack The Lad and Lindsey "Jim" Bartlett were nowhere to be seen or heard as the case may be, yesterday they were chatting away to Tom Evans live as he wife was having contractions and all seemed well, my first thought this morn was, shit I hope the baby is all right!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I unfortunately wake up to that crock of shit two bit breakfast show every morning (g/f's choice)(I dont put my ipod on though) and this morning was thinking it was strange that Spack The Lad and Lindsey "Jim" Bartlett were nowhere to be seen or heard as the case may be, yesterday they were chatting away to Tom Evans live as he wife was having contractions and all seemed well, my first thought this morn was, shit I hope the baby is all right!!!

Hopefully god willing all is well with the mother and child.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Used to listen to that station but over the years it moved from having a decent morning show to an OK one to now really crap. Eventually cracked and went with the wife's choice of Splashfm. just seems a bit odd now as driving to work as I turn from A27 to A23 I change to Bright FM as the signal for Splash disappears. Different morning DJ on Bright but the same sidekick woman as on Splash. It takes me 40 minutes to get from Worthing to Burgess Hill but Anna B does it in about 10 seconds.

Mr Bright 1064 - your station have been rumbled and it's all presented in Worthing isn't it? in fact shouldn't you change your username to Splash1077?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No of course I don't. Breakfast here Droveside is a very audible event headphones would not make a lot a difference.

Simon you are very much flattering yourself if you think (and indeed admit) you are picking on me.

Don't be a KNOB Tim. No-one is picking on you - hence "I don't want to be seen as.."

Your description made it sound like you sit there with headphones on while the family is there, which would in my opinion, be a highly insulting and ignorant thing to do. As you've clarified that this is NOT the case, all is well with the world.

Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here