Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toilets - Amex - WSL

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
100% This. Awful in WSU for men. No queues for women.

Not true. There are always queues in the women's toilets, but just not as long as the men's ones. Fortunately, my seat is near the end of the row, so I'm always first in and never ever have to wait. Doesn't that make you feel better chaps? But by the time I'm out, there is always a queue, confusingly at each entrance, creating that awkward "after you" dance when a cubicle appears in the middle of the row.

Anyway: in conclusion, women have to queue for the toilet in the WSU. Any chance of converting one of the mens' toilets so we don't have to wait please? No?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That is also another good point. It is impossible to do both without missing some of the match. They HAVE to do better.

Which is why I suggested the 'shelf' option.

At the moment, at Half time, most people go straight into the toilets - whilst the queues for drinks aren't too bad. BUT if you buy drinks first, there's nowhere to put your drink. You currently have the impossible task of having a pee and holding a drink.

Put up cheap metal shelving, and problem solved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Luckily I sit right near an exit in the WSU, so if I'm feeling a bit "ooooh", I just wait for a break in play and shin it round to the trough. This is soccerball, there's ALWAYS someone rolling around for a couple of minutes at least.

I never wait for half time. That way madness awaits.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Luckily I sit right near an exit in the WSU, so if I'm feeling a bit "ooooh", I just wait for a break in play and shin it round to the trough. This is soccerball, there's ALWAYS someone rolling around for a couple of minutes at least.

I never wait for half time. That way madness awaits.

The one time I nipped out in the game I missed CMS's goal in the Blackpool game. Never again!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The one time I nipped out in the game I missed CMS's goal in the Blackpool game. Never again!

You bastard - CMS is clearly waiting for you to go again so he can score.

It's time for you to take one (or do one) for the team...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Listen to what Bozza tells you, or you're getting a BAN if CMS doesn't score by the end of February.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think WSU isn't too bad. Normally a queue for cubicle (they really need more than 2) but otherwise seems ok when I use them at the North end.

Yep, two cubicles is a joke and then compounded by the selfish wankers having a crafty smoke.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I see lots of comments around the catering at the Amex, but I wondered what other people thought of the toilet facilities at the Amex (apologies if this is fixtures, but I couldn't see another thread on it), in regards to the amount of Men's loos. In the WSL, there are two blocks of gents, but actually 3 (or maybe 4) womens facilities which never appear to be being used?

Would it make more sense to refit one of the ladies out as a mens? to avoid the half-time queues?

If you think you are hard done by in WSL, think again. In WSU where the concourse is so much narrower especially at the north and South ends, you have the additional problem of getting past the queues for drinks, food etc. so, by the time you actually get near the toilet area and then have to face the dis-organised queue therein ? There is only one answer for the future and that is not to consume any liquid at the Amex unless you are prepared to go out mid match. Loss to the club !

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The last thing we need is the Tottenham scenario - anyone remember the away game in the cup a few years ago? I went for a slash at half time, there were almighty queues and when I thought I had got to the front I realised I was at the sinks into which countless fans were unloading due to the shortage of urinals. Not a pretty sight!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
In and Out signs, the queue though longer, would go down far quicker instead of everyone trying to fight there way in and out again. :drink:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not true. There are always queues in the women's toilets, but just not as long as the men's ones. Fortunately, my seat is near the end of the row, so I'm always first in and never ever have to wait. Doesn't that make you feel better chaps? But by the time I'm out, there is always a queue, confusingly at each entrance, creating that awkward "after you" dance when a cubicle appears in the middle of the row.

Anyway: in conclusion, women have to queue for the toilet in the WSU. Any chance of converting one of the mens' toilets so we don't have to wait please? No?

Despite your user name I always thought you were a bloke!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I feel your pain.

During the away match at Derby I popped outside for to look at a four-leaf clover, a blue moon and some rocking horse shit, and when I got back to my seat CMS had just scored.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
If you think you are hard done by in WSL, think again. In WSU where the concourse is so much narrower especially at the north and South ends, you have the additional problem of getting past the queues for drinks, food etc. so, by the time you actually get near the toilet area and then have to face the dis-organised queue therein ? There is only one answer for the future and that is not to consume any liquid at the Amex unless you are prepared to go out mid match. Loss to the club !

And the WSL bogs are so wide there is a middle back to back set of urinals giving 4 rows of usage to our WSU 2.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Yep, two cubicles is a joke and then compounded by the selfish wankers having a crafty smoke.

Was discussing this with my mate a couple of games a go, I've always been baffled by people queueing outside the cubicles for a pony at half time. I just don't get it. Don't you just make sure you have a good clear out before you even leave the house!? It's bad enough having to go in any public loo, let alone one with about 200 hairy blokes standing in close proximity outside!

But then I suppose this is Brighton...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here