Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toddler abducted

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Lush said:
So what do you all do in the evenings when taking little kids on holiday? Sit all night in a dark hotel room watching them sleep? Take them out to restaurants etc with you and keep them up way beyond their bedtime? GENUINELY interested.

I always felt that when I was on holidays so were my kids so we always went out in the evenings as a family and nine times out of ten we used to fit in with things to amuse the kids. They always used to love going to places and doing things that they wouldnt normally do at home.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
ginadim said:
Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

And just because they're doctors, it doesn't make them any more responsible or caring than anyone else.

it is the BBC tho, been on most of the day on News 24

Lush said:
I'm sure they were checking far more often than you might check a child upstairs in your own house, even if you've got the telly/music on loud downstairs.

Yeah, but the risk of abduction or escaping children is far less in your own house.

I can see your point about what to do when you have young children on holiday, because it is difficult to balance keeping them up and not having to sit in a dark quiet room from 8pm, however in this case they had gone away in a big group. Surely someone could have been keeping a proper eye on the kids? Taking it in turns each night?

We shouldn't be jumping to the usual knee jerk reactions until the full story is out. I just hope that the little girl is found and ok.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
ok the internet has lied;

Her aunt Trish Cameron, who lives in Glasgow, said she felt certain her niece had been abducted.

"They last checked at half past nine and they were all sound asleep, sleeping, windows shut, shutters shut.

"Kate went back at ten o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and Madeline was missing...
lives in Glasgow and doesnt know what a jemmy is:jester:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
League1Champions said:
Everyone is thinking it, im just stating how these things end 90% of the time.

No you are not. You are saying what you think will make you look contraversial on this board. I feel like a prick for making this thread into another rant/bullying session but I know for a fact that 99% of this board think you are a cocksucker. So this is the last post I will corrupt this thread with but I'm telling you dickhead, if you came to Brighton and spouted off like you do on this board and you did it in a pub, myself and people who are a lot harder than me would re-educate you in a way you never thought imaginable. You are a f***ing coward and a f***ing racist, bigoted, attention seeking twat who would seriously get f***ed up if you said this crap in "real life". Now do us all a favour and f*** off, once and for all.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
first and foremost before everyone blames the parents we should be hoping and praying she is found safe and well

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
surrey jim said:
it is the BBC tho, been on most of the day on News 24

Just because it's the BBC, doesn't mean it's right. Maybe I'm being a bit cynical here, I just don't like to believe the first report I see. That's the effect of living with Journalism students.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Well we used to go the New Forest three or four times a year with friends with kids of simlar ages. When the kids were younger we used to keep a close eye on them - over the years though - they got the run the immediate area, then the site, then pretty much the forest. Bad parenting or good parenting allowing them freedom to explore ?

We all make these judgements all the time.

Thats the thing DKM we all have to make decisions and judgements on what we think is safe for our kids, Unfortunatly it was in the New Forest that I got it wrong and what I thought was the safer option resulted in little bulldog nearly losing his arm and being scarred for life.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Brighton till i die said:
holy shit man - i was in cafe giardino's in the food hall between 1.15-1.45.

you were so close i could even have smelt you......
stalker alert:lolol:

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
she could have still wandered off and got lost, but i suppose the longer she is missing it is looking more and more like she was abducted.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Whilst I still think the parents have taken an unacceptable risk in this situation I also hear what DKM and Lush are saying.

How many have, say, left young kids in the car whilst quickly popping into the shop for example. I can think of two similar incidents where one car rolled back into a lake and another caught fire.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
British Bulldog said:
Thats the thing DKM we all have to make decisions and judgements on what we think is safe for our kids, Unfortunatly it was in the New Forest that I got it wrong and what I thought was the safer option resulted in little bulldog nearly losing his arm and being scarred for life.

Well sometimes you think it is a miracle any of us get to adulthood - there were times in the New Forest (Hollands Wood we used to go to) when we would have panics - but the alcohol kicked in again ................

We got away with it. Sounds like junior bulldog did too - just about. Parenting ain't easy.

Apr 29, 2007
Leeds
Nibble said:
No you are not. You are saying what you think will make you look contraversial on this board. I feel like a prick for making this thread into another rant/bullying session but I know for a fact that 99% of this board think you are a cocksucker. So this is the last post I will corrupt this thread with but I'm telling you dickhead, if you came to Brighton and spouted off like you do on this board and you did it in a pub, myself and people who are a lot harder than me would re-educate you in a way you never thought imaginable. You are a f***ing coward and a f***ing racist, bigoted, attention seeking twat who would seriously get f***ed up if you said this crap in "real life". Now do us all a favour and f*** off, once and for all.

Yourself :D

You are threatening me for saying what will probably end up being the truth, i hope she is found safe and well but lets face it, its not likely in the world today.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I guess, as DKM says, people make different judgements. Little kids are always running off and getting lost in shopping centres despite your best efforts to keep them with you. So why don't we all have little kids on reins? The mum in the James Bulger case was only a few steps away yet I'm sure some people thought she wasn't close enough. You have to weigh up the risks of something happening and take a decision. I'm sure that's what the parents did in this case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
rool said:
Whilst I still think the parents have taken an unacceptable risk in this situation I also hear what DKM and Lush are saying.

How many have, say, left young kids in the car whilst quickly popping into the shop for example?

I'm not trying to be sanctimonious here, but the answer to your question is never.

I also understand what DKM and Lush are saying and they are right, all parents have to weigh up the same questions. They don't all come to the same answers though.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
From what they said on the radio that it is a small fishing communatiy where obviously there isn't a big police force there so searchs may take some time.

Hope she does turn up safe soon tho

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Kenhead said:
From what they said on the radio that it is a small fishing communatiy where obviously there isn't a big police force there so searchs may take some time.

Hope she does turn up safe soon tho

the locals and other holiday makers are all helping according to Sky News

rool

Jul 10, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:
I'm not trying to be sanctimonious here, but the answer to your question is never.

I also understand what DKM and Lush are saying and they are right, all parents have to weigh up the same questions. They don't all come to the same answers though.

I wouldn't call that sanctimonious, I'd like to think I have bought my kids up with the minimum of risk to their safety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here