Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toddler abducted

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
rool said:
This is going to sound really bad but I going to say it anyway because the thought of this scenario is sickening.

It goes without saying that I'd rather find a missing child safe and well after just wandering off BUT, in a worse case scenario, I'd rather they were dead after an accident than be in the hands of some sick paedo bastards and all the horrors they would put a little child through.

It's too horrifying to contemplate

Good point, but unlikely, as I would of thought they would of found the body by now :(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The whole reward thing is interesting because obviously the police wouldn't want it to receive big publicity in case it encouraged more abductions, but at the same time you'd think the parents saying £500K now reward might make a difference.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Police have set up a road block in a town where a man has been seen with a child of the description of madeleine

Fingers crossed eh

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Lush said:
So you go back to the hotel room at say 8pm bedtime when they're getting tired and grumpy and stay in a dark room the rest of the evening?

EXACTLY what you do, it´s called taking responsibility.

The other solution (as suggested earlier) is leaving little ones with family and enjoying some quality time without the kids for once.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
latest bbc bulliten the sighting north of the area was a mistaken identity

Manchester United footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, who is Portuguese, said he was moved by news of the little girl's disappearance.
He made an appeal for information about her whereabouts on MUTV, Manchester United's television channel.

now i know people are doing all they can but couldnt he have gone onto sky or BBC news 24 to make the appeal,

surrey jim said:
latest bbc bulliten the sighting north of the area was a mistaken identity

now i know people are doing all they can but couldnt he have gone onto sky or BBC news 24 to make the appeal,

Or maybe Portugese TV with his appeal in Portugese and English?

Maybe he did but MUTV?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Nemesis said:
Or maybe Portugese TV with his appeal in Portugese and English?

Maybe he did but MUTV?
if im correct you have to subscribe to MUTV, im sure there are many Man u fans out there and probabaly some subscribers but i would have thought he would have done a mass media plea rather than a niche channel

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
There appears to have been a significant development in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann, according to Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt. He reports that Portuguese police are said to be focusing on two men and a woman seen with a girl matching her description.

Officers have called a news conference for later today and Madeleine's parents were driven away at speed from their apartment.

Brunt, who's in Portugal, said: "Things are happening, they could be important, there could be a big development.

"I'm also being told that a town or village has been sealed off near Seville in southern Spain. It is not a long journey to get from the Algarve across the border."

sound promising :)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Deary me, a little kid's gone missing, Ronaldo makes an appeal on the nearest media opening to him (most of MUTV is produced at Old Traford) which I am sure MUTV will make available to all the networks, especially Sky who more or less own it.

NSC at its very PEDANTIC best.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Rougvie said:
Deary me, a little kid's gone missing, Ronaldo makes an appeal on the nearest media opening to him (most of MUTV is produced at Old Traford) which I am sure MUTV will make available to all the networks, especially Sky who more or less own it.

NSC at its very PEDANTIC best.

i have heard ronaldo made the appeal i have just not heard anything of what he said in it- he made the appeal a number of days ago now, as far as i have seen it hant been on BBC or SKy news

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
So you go back to the hotel room at say 8pm bedtime when they're getting tired and grumpy and stay in a dark room the rest of the evening?

Avoiding this scenario was precisely the reason why we didn't take our very small children on that sort of holiday! Instead, we either went camping or on boats with groups of friends so that after the children had gone to bed, the adults could have dinner and a thoroughly convivial evening without going anywhere. When the children were slightly older and bedtime correspondingly later, we holidayed in countries where children routinely go out to dinner with their parents and family groups are welcomed in restaurants. The effect of this welcome always resulting in well behaved children. However, I honestly don't think that you can expect to enjoy the freedom that you took for granted before having children unless you take a holiday without them.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
roz said:
Avoiding this scenario was precisely the reason why we didn't take our very small children on that sort of holiday! Instead, we either went camping or on boats with groups of friends so that after the children had gone to bed, the adults could have dinner and a thoroughly convivial evening without going anywhere. When the children were slightly older and bedtime correspondingly later, we holidayed in countries where children routinely go out to dinner with their parents and family groups are welcomed in restaurants. The effect of this welcome always resulting in well behaved children. However, I honestly don't think that you can expect to enjoy the freedom that you took for granted before having children unless you take a holiday without them.

Completely agree.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
today would be her fourth birthday ,

whatever anyone thinks of the parents, to blame or not it is hard to think of what they are going through at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here