Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toddler abducted

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nibble said:
A lot of middle class parents do not discipline their children effectively but when we talk about poor parenting in this sense we mean raising your children in a way that is likely to cause them harm. Such as not knowing or caring where your kids are, hitting them, letting them mix with bad elements, poor diet and many other things all of which are more prevalent in ill educated, less priviledged households.

I think a lot of people forget, there is never a crib sheet you are given when baby is born on how to bring those children up. family tells you how to do it, but when the door is closed on a night and its only you...you are on your own. When you are a single parent, doubly so!

Parents invariably do their best....some of us have had more difficult times with their children be it physically or mentally and some parents are more able to get help from society than others.

To wrap up parents by social class is not really helpful and in most cases inaccurate. karen works in a school and can show you both sides of the fence. Good parents/bad parents...those who think they are good and those who know they are not.

Here endeth the pious social lesson. Sorry!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dave the Gaffer said:
I think a lot of people forget, there is never a crib sheet you are given when baby is born on how to bring those children up. family tells you how to do it, but when the door is closed on a night and its only you...you are on your own. When you are a single parent, doubly so!

Parents invariably do their best....some of us have had more difficult times with their children be it physically or mentally and some parents are more able to get help from society than others.

To wrap up parents by social class is not really helpful and in most cases inaccurate. karen works in a school and can show you both sides of the fence. Good parents/bad parents...those who think they are good and those who know they are not.

Here endeth the pious social lesson. Sorry!

My missus is a teacher in a particularly underprivelidged area and from personal experience I agree that it is not easy to define good or bad parenting but I stand by my statement that ill-educated adults make worse parents on the whole.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Bozza said:
I was expecting something like this and, again, you illustrate the issues facing parents...

When we're not holidaymakers, and we're living our mundane lives in the good ole UK, many parents make use of a creche, a nursery or a childminder. Again, generally, parents won't know the carers 'from Adam' etc.

i take your point, personally i have no kids. i have a friend with a 2yr old who will only let friends/family babysit for him, going back to when i was young i mainly used to have friends or famiy babysit/child mind for me on holdays we used to stay with family so mainly one adult would stay home and babysit.

again this is all hypothetical, wht has happened has happened no parents can watch children 24/7 i dont beleive the parents did any wrong (my opinion)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Simster said:

Very easily said in hindsight. There's little point in debating the rights and wrongs of this - all I am saying is that I am sympathetic to the parents on this one.

Rubbish, they should not of left the children on their own and that is not just me saying that in hindsight.

You just dont do that with your children !

FFS I get worried when I leave my 3 year old son in the car when I go and pay for petrol.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In the last hour Reuters have released information that they suspect a Paedophile ring, originating in Britain, ordered the abduction of the girl. Police reconstructions of the families movements during the holiday suggest that they had left the Children alone quite a few times on the Holiday.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Nibble said:
In the last hour Reuters have released information that they suspect a Paedophile ring, originating in Britain, ordered the abduction of the girl. Police reconstructions of the families movements during the holiday suggest that they had left the Children alone quite a few times on the Holiday.

its a family resort, the last thing to do at the moment is blame the family espically in the media,

btw do you have a source for the Paedophile ring story, watching Sky news/bbc ews 24 mentions nothing about it

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
surrey jim said:
its a family resort, the last thing to do at the moment is blame the family espically in the media,

btw do you have a source for the Paedophile ring story, watching Sky news/bbc ews 24 mentions nothing about it

I'm not blaming the family at all.

Go onto Reuters breaking news, I think it may be in the Guardian Unlimited now as well. I would hardly make it up would I? What kind of sick bastard do you think I am? Think about your questions next time,of course there is a source.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
The Wookiee said:
Rubbish, they should not of left the children on their own and that is not just me saying that in hindsight.

You just dont do that with your children !

FFS I get worried when I leave my 3 year old son in the car when I go and pay for petrol.
[/QUOTE
I have to agree. While I hope above hope that this little girl is found safe and well and I have complete and total sympathy for her poor parents and what they're going through, you simply do not leave children that young alone, period. Part of the responsibility of being a parent is watching and protecting your children. I have spent many hours of the beach watching the children whilst my wife does the sunbathing - then we swap. In the evening, we go out to eat early so the children can come with us: then they go to bed and we set on the balcony of the room. Back home, if we can't get a babysitter, we either split the evening or one or the other goes out. Later this year on holiday, now they're a bit older we have two hotel rooms - but my wife and daughter will be in one, my son and I in the other.
I add this post because it is a discussion which boards like this need to discuss - but I reiterate, I have nothing but heartfelt sympathy for those parents because nothing they've done deserves this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nibble said:

All they have said is that it is a possibility that they are looking into;

Police look into paedophile kidnap clues
Tue May 8, 2007 1:36PM BST

Email This Article | Print This Article | RSS
[-] Text [+] LISBON (Reuters) - Police are investigating whether a paedophile ring ordered the kidnap of a three-year-old British girl who vanished from her bed five days ago in southern Portugal, daily Correio da Manha reported on Tuesday.

Madeleine McCann is believed to have been abducted from her apartment on May 3 in Praia da Luz, a popular resort in the Algarve, just yards away from where her parents were dining.

Her parents immediately insisted it was an abduction because there was evidence of a forced entry in the bedroom where she was sleeping with her two-year-old twin brother and sister.

"The chance that Madeleine's kidnap was ordered by an international paedophile network of British origin was yesterday one of the most consistent leads police were investigating," Correio da Manha reported unnamed police sources as saying.

British police have supplied their Portuguese counterparts with information regarding British paedophile rings with connections to the Algarve, according to the daily.

Portuguese police declined to comment on the report but said that all possibilities were being considered.

"We will issue a statement later today but at this time we cannot release any more information," said Olegario de Sousa, a spokesman for the Portuguese police.

Correio da Manha also reported that the McCanns had left their children alone before during their holiday in the Algarve.

"Police have reconstructed the holiday routines of the McCanns and have come to the conclusion that the children were left alone on other occasions," the daily said.

The McCanns have made four televised appeals since her disappearance, calling on whoever may have taken her to return their daughter unharmed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
hans kraay fan club said:
All they have said is that it is a possibility that they are looking into;

Police look into paedophile kidnap clues
Tue May 8, 2007 1:36PM BST

Email This Article | Print This Article | RSS
[-] Text [+] LISBON (Reuters) - Police are investigating whether a paedophile ring ordered the kidnap of a three-year-old British girl who vanished from her bed five days ago in southern Portugal, daily Correio da Manha reported on Tuesday.

Madeleine McCann is believed to have been abducted from her apartment on May 3 in Praia da Luz, a popular resort in the Algarve, just yards away from where her parents were dining.

Her parents immediately insisted it was an abduction because there was evidence of a forced entry in the bedroom where she was sleeping with her two-year-old twin brother and sister.

"The chance that Madeleine's kidnap was ordered by an international paedophile network of British origin was yesterday one of the most consistent leads police were investigating," Correio da Manha reported unnamed police sources as saying.

British police have supplied their Portuguese counterparts with information regarding British paedophile rings with connections to the Algarve, according to the daily.

Portuguese police declined to comment on the report but said that all possibilities were being considered.

"We will issue a statement later today but at this time we cannot release any more information," said Olegario de Sousa, a spokesman for the Portuguese police.

Correio da Manha also reported that the McCanns had left their children alone before during their holiday in the Algarve.

"Police have reconstructed the holiday routines of the McCanns and have come to the conclusion that the children were left alone on other occasions," the daily said.

The McCanns have made four televised appeals since her disappearance, calling on whoever may have taken her to return their daughter unharmed.

Which is exactly what my post says. Why do some people feel the need, even on a thread like this, to prove people wrong? Some serioue personality flaws around here at the moment.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nibble said:
I'm not blaming the family at all.

Go onto Reuters breaking news, I think it may be in the Guardian Unlimited now as well. I would hardly make it up would I? What kind of sick bastard do you think I am? Think about your questions next time,of course there is a source.

Sounded like an honest enough request for the link to me? Not pointed at all?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nibble said:
Which is exactly what my post says. Why do some people feel the need, even on a thread like this, to prove people wrong? Some serioue personality flaws around here at the moment.

Again I don't think he meant it in that way at all - I think you may have read between the lines too much?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This situation makes me wonder what would happen if there was a massive reward on offer, i.e. £500K for information leading to her safe return.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nibble said:

Calm down. I'm not interested in 'proving anybody wrong'.

Your post had made it sound as though soething new had happened which had led the police to suspect a paedophile ring, which made me feel cold.

I went to read the story myself, and was relieved to see that it is still just a theory that they are considering. I posted the story so others could share that relief. That is all.

I'm sure my personality has its flaws, like everone else's. This wasn't one of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pavilionaire said:
This situation makes me wonder what would happen if there was a massive reward on offer, i.e. £500K for information leading to her safe return.

A family freind has put up a £100k reward haven't they?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Nibble said:

This is going to sound really bad but I going to say it anyway because the thought of this scenario is sickening.

It goes without saying that I'd rather find a missing child safe and well after just wandering off BUT, in a worse case scenario, I'd rather they were dead after an accident than be in the hands of some sick paedo bastards and all the horrors they would put a little child through.

It's too horrifying to contemplate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here