Feb 18, 2009
You know it's coming...

Storm_cloud.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm playing football at seven, so I can confidently predict that the LASHING rain and THUNDER will hit the Eastleigh area in precisely two hours' time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If the weathforecast said it is going to rain, I wouldn't worry too much, they have been just about 100% wrong for the past week or so.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To be fair, they were spot on for yesterday - but then again, a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I was invited to sail in the IOW Round the Island race on Saturday, looked at the forecast, 23-28 degrees, sunshine, lovely, I'll have a go at that (being that I am a novice sailor with very little experience). Turns out to be just about the worst ever weather in living memory for a RTIR, F5/F6 going on F7, (30 knot + winds), waves/swells refered to as 'by far and away the biggest ever seen on the south side of the island', and I found out that I can get seasick. Ellen MacArthur gave up after a couple of hours, Ben Ainslie, , said: "It was pretty extreme conditions, it was certainly the roughest, windiest Round the Island Race I have ever been involved with".

Thanks a f***ing bunch weather forecasters, 8 hours, of torment, freezing cold and soaking wet, and puke.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I was invited to sail in the IOW Round the Island race on Saturday, looked at the forecast, 23-28 degrees, sunshine, lovely, I'll have a go at that (being that I am a novice sailor with very little experience). Turns out to be just about the worst ever weather in living memory for a RTIR, F5/F6 going on F7, (30 knot + winds), waves/swells refered to as 'by far and away the biggest ever seen on the south side of the island', and I found out that I can get seasick. Ellen MacArthur gave up after a couple of hours, Ben Ainslie, , said: "It was pretty extreme conditions, it was certainly the roughest, windiest Round the Island Race I have ever been involved with".

Thanks a f***ing bunch weather forecasters, 8 hours, of torment, freezing cold and soaking wet, and puke.

That's fair enough then - they said it would be v.hot on Sunday, and I slogged it round Singing Hills for 18 holes and it was scorchio - the weather ... certainly not the golf.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Pretty humid but still fairly bright and sunny out west, definitely has a feel of a storm brewing. Just looked at the website mentioned above, which comes well recommended, there is a bit of activity over northern France but nothing this side of the Channel...at least for now!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If the weathforecast said it is going to rain, I wouldn't worry too much, they have been just about 100% wrong for the past week or so.

I have been in the Edinburgh and St Andrews area for the last four days and the BBC predicted heavy rain for the whole time, so much so that I nearly cancelled the trip. Apart from a brief shower this afternoon it has been very pleasant with no rain.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here