Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Todays Official STORM Thread ***

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
is that like a tornado type storm or just alot of rain, im dumb lol

alot of rain but could have a tornado, we actually get more tornadoes in the UK than the US does (land size average count or something).....except ours are weak as shit with the odd one causing abit of damage!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
alot of rain but could have a tornado, we actually get more tornadoes in the UK than the US does (land size average count or something).....except ours are weak as shit with the odd one causing abit of damage!
yeah i remember one hitting the tottenham area couple of years back

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks nicer here in Burgess Hill than it has done for a couple of hours. Definitely doesn't look stormy.

Working nights tonight though, so bring it on I say. I want thunder, lightning, the WORKS, so I can watch it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was invited to sail in the IOW Round the Island race on Saturday, looked at the forecast, 23-28 degrees, sunshine, lovely, I'll have a go at that (being that I am a novice sailor with very little experience). Turns out to be just about the worst ever weather in living memory for a RTIR, F5/F6 going on F7, (30 knot + winds), waves/swells refered to as 'by far and away the biggest ever seen on the south side of the island', and I found out that I can get seasick. Ellen MacArthur gave up after a couple of hours, Ben Ainslie, , said: "It was pretty extreme conditions, it was certainly the roughest, windiest Round the Island Race I have ever been involved with".

Thanks a f***ing bunch weather forecasters, 8 hours, of torment, freezing cold and soaking wet, and puke.

8 hours! Bit slow in those conditions, how big was the yacht (or name). Its supposed to be character forming. :D

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fine and sunny evening where I am. Could do with some rain to cool things down.

I was invited to sail in the IOW Round the Island race on Saturday, looked at the forecast, 23-28 degrees, sunshine, lovely, I'll have a go at that (being that I am a novice sailor with very little experience). Turns out to be just about the worst ever weather in living memory for a RTIR, F5/F6 going on F7, (30 knot + winds), waves/swells refered to as 'by far and away the biggest ever seen on the south side of the island', and I found out that I can get seasick. Ellen MacArthur gave up after a couple of hours, Ben Ainslie, , said: "It was pretty extreme conditions, it was certainly the roughest, windiest Round the Island Race I have ever been involved with".

Thanks a f***ing bunch weather forecasters, 8 hours, of torment, freezing cold and soaking wet, and puke.

You only KNOW you have been sailing when it's in proper weather.
Otherwise, you could have been on a PICNIC.
Man up, sailor!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
nothing happening toinght then :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Sounds more like the overnight trip from Portsmouth to Caen on Brittany Ferrys

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The majority of the "ingredients" were there for storms yesterday, however the forcing that was needed to get things going, didn't end up over the SE as forecast, instead this went through NE France and the Benelux countries (that is why that massive storm triggered over there yesterday evening, that should have been for us!)

Still not yet over as the cold front is still over the west country at the moment and not expected to reach us until early afternoon. Watch for developments near Jersey as any storms here could well end up along the Sussex coast.

As it is there appears to be a storm developing in the channel south of Brighton, which will head towards Kent...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Really big storm in Chertsey right now. Really loud and not moving!! Think the lightning hit the hospital at one point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here