Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Matchday Programme

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As for Mark McGhee looking like Terry Hall. Don't think so!

Perhaps it was a typo and they meant Jerry Hall?

mark_mcghee127pa_999733c.jpg

jerry-hall.jpg

Yes, people, those are two different pictures. I know. Amazing, isn't it?

I'm hardly the one to talk about font size -
Once upon a time, I did some work with the RNIB on drawing up guidelines for printed publications. The Albion's matchday programme is now - from cover to cover - so out of line with those guidelines that it is almost worth submitting it as an example of Bad Practice.

RNIB See it Right Clear print checklist

• Simple and clear typeface is used
• Type size is 12 point or ideally 14 point
• Text is left aligned
• Layout is consistent and logical
• Words are not split between lines
• No large blocks of capital letters
• No italics
• No words are underlined
• No text is laid over the top of an image or texture
• Paper, lamination or encapsulation is not glossy
• Paper is thick enough to minimise the amount of show through from the other side
• Leading is not cramped
• Good contrast between the text and the background
• Line space between paragraphs
• All text is set horizontally
• Adequate gutter between columns
• No information is conveyed solely through the use of images, diagrams or colour

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Taking account of the fact that last season's programme was 68 pages, on bigger paper, and Saturday's effort was 52 x A5 pages ... we got 40 per cent less programme for the same £3 price.

Exactly...not value for money...a painfully obvious cost-cutting excercise.
Showed it to a West Ham fan today, who, without any prompting, remarked that it looked ' rather thin, lacking content '

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I thought it was a better program, but the size was too small. Increase the size of the paper and the number of pages, with more of the same content, then i think it would be good.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I must admit, I was pretty disappointed in it as well and won't be buying another one. Too small and poor quality compared to last year. I'm all for improvements and a bit of change but to me this is definitely a backward step. Hopefully the club will improve things as Slade says 'as the season progresses'.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Prefered the size of the programme as it fitted nicely in the pocket but the content and lack of pages left me feeling that £3 did not represent great value. They need to put more in it.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Quite possibly, of course with the associated price rise. My guess Falmer printed programmes won't be far off £5. :(

It's interesting that the price has frozen at many football clubs now at £3 for a number of seasons. I wonder if clubs get the impression that £3 is approaching the upper limit people will regularly pay for programmes. I certainly wouldn't pay much more than that, and since realistically the price can only go up in £0.50 installments I'm not sure I'd make the jump to £3.50.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ok read, but not as good as recent years. I've never been a fan of these mini programmes. Still, F-Block took over the programme today with two stories on a single page, so job done :clap2:

Too rignt - not forgetting the picture of F block in the back ground of mascot picture that always feature.

"F block, taking over the world........"

PS I really liked the new programme look myself; and the contents. Excellent value, not forgetting they've kept the price down again for another season. Well done I say

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
i had hoped the moans on here would meant the club listened, but no.

Small print, smaller pages, bugger all content, still three quid.

what a waste of money, 100% definitely the last one i buy. saw my friend after the game coming back from the emirates with his match programme, twice as many pages, bigger size, more content, same price.

disgusting.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Huddersfield's programme was huge! 98 pages, good quality printing for £3.

Can't comment on the contents though as I haven't read it. Kind of lost interest in it after the result!

Did look like there were a lot of adverts in it though.

Seems like it's not just players they're spending money on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here