Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Manchester Weather

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A couple of quotes from the LCC forum:

The rain is still lashing down and having looked at the web cam,the ground is under water.Still ,we can't claim that the weather has cost us the title-the groundsman has done that with another crap wicket!

As I wake up at 7am in North Manchester and look outside my window, I have one thing to say, "Congratulations Sussex on winning the title" .

At this stage of the season with weather a mute point all games should be played on the same day not the challengers playing a week apart.

It would not have mattered if we had Durham 250 all out yesterday as Rain plus Rain means no play

:clap2: :lolol: :wave:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Fingers crossed no play today and Durham declare first thing tomorrow then that 2 points dropped for Lancs to start with.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It doesn't look like its raining anymore and the outfield looks to be drying a bit, although looking at the webcam there still appears to be some heavy patches of water laying on the surface.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"No play before lunch."

Lovely little phrase that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
looks like a nice day for weather watching and Lanky baiting :lolol:

not being a betting man (That particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off. And we don't want it opened up again, do we Moshe? ...) I wouldn't know - but how have the odds been for the Championship? I would guess that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, Lanky have always been favourites but that must be evening up/tilting now...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Moshe Gariani said:
I wouldn't know - but how have the odds been for the Championship? I would guess that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, Lanky have always been favourites but that must be evening up/tilting now...?

You're obviously not a betting man!

Sussex are 1/10 on Betfair currently, and the most you could get on at that price is £200 right now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bozza said:
You're obviously not a betting man!

Sussex are 1/10 on Betfair currently, and the most you could get on at that price is £200 right now.
:bruised ego stirring: I don't think 1/10 is a serious price surely... have you taken it????

I'm not going to look at Betfair but if Sussex are 1.10 and Lanky something like 3.40 then the "true odds" lie somewhere between... what do the bookies have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here