Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I am fence-sitting burger-dodger

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gwylan said:
It reminds of a time when I was in Italy and overheard two couples in our tour party saying that they'd eaten in McD for lunch and dinner every day.

What nationality were they, out of interest? British or American?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Man of Harveys said:
What nationality were they, out of interest? British or American?

British. I thought it was amazing that there was one couple but when the other one said they had as well, my jaw dropped.

What got me was the "If we hadn't found it, I think we'd have starved for a week as there was nowhere else to eat" remark.

I was virtually waddling on the plane, having stuffed myself with delicious food. I don't think I've been to a better place for food than Rome.

E

enigma

Rome is an awesome place. With all the meat, pasta, pizza, cheese and ham etc there is, its a wonder more people arent obese there.

That is unbelievable. Did they look poor?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
enigma said:
Rome is an awesome place. With all the meat, pasta, pizza, cheese and ham etc there is, its a wonder more people arent obese there.

That is unbelievable. Did they look poor?

No they didn't; quite well-heeled.

I think it's probably the most astonishing remark I've ever overheard.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Large One said:
Why are we to make of the world's largest fast food retailer?

A cheap, tasty fun way of eating meat, bread and potatoes with a fine sweet drink accompaniment? Or a sure-fire way of ensuring that your friends attend your funeral rather than you attending theirs?

Let NSC decide...

Why do you always think of food big man:wave:

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Gwylan said:
I'm genuinely baffled by remarks like this.

It reminds of a time when I was in Italy and overheard two couples in our tour party saying that they'd eaten in McD for lunch and dinner every day.

Why bother going to a foreign country if you're going to eat what you eat at home? Particularly when one of the countries is China, one of the world's great cuisines (I could understand it if you were travelling through Russia, say). Each to his or her own, I suppose, but I really do find it strange.

China is not Italy Gwylan. and Chinese food in China is not the same as that which is served in the Uk, its a lot more bland

Chinese food, like indian, to me is ok,but if you spend any amount of time in either place it gets a bit 'samey' and I for one begin to yearn for things that I wouldnt usually have at home as they are the only things available especially if youre travelling on a budget as I have often been. I defy anyone who spends long enough in China, India etc not to be climbing the walls after a month or so.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tricky Dicky said:
Not bothered about them being a big corp etc. , the products are just crap. They won't be seeing any of my pennies.

Quite.

Just tastes shite, not at all good for you, full of the scrapings of society (the place, not the food). Where's the attraction?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simple answer - I don't do McDonalds

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The mankiest "food" on the planet, the main reason why so many Americans are obese. Yuk.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Strike said:
OK once in a while, does some good community stuff, so some people being a bit harsh towards it.

I know what your saying as my boys school has had some sports equipment from them but they don't do it from the goodness of their heart.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Only if I'm desperate.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do they still sponsor games at Withdean?
We would have got some money for the Boxing Day game, if so.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
shingle said:
China is not Italy Gwylan. and Chinese food in China is not the same as that which is served in the Uk, its a lot more bland

Chinese food, like indian, to me is ok,but if you spend any amount of time in either place it gets a bit 'samey' and I for one begin to yearn for things that I wouldnt usually have at home as they are the only things available especially if youre travelling on a budget as I have often been. I defy anyone who spends long enough in China, India etc not to be climbing the walls after a month or so.

Fair enough - although the people I know who have been to China all say that the food there is better than the Chinese food back home. But I'm not that wild about Chinese food either, so perhaps I could sympathise.

Couldn't imagine getting bored with Indian food though: a month of it sounds like heaven to me. But like I said, each to his own.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Got to say I love their milk shakes. Like a friend of mine I would mix a kfc meal with a McDonalds shake

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here