Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I am fence-sitting burger-dodger

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
samparish said:
Hate them, ate there once and never plan to again.

I ate there once too and never again.... this was in 1975.

I'm intrigued by MoH's brown nylon flares in 1985/6. Was this a retro thing?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Only when British Rail is the only alternative choice.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
They are a godsend when youve been travelling through egypt for weeks, likewise china. Last year in the states i didnt get out of the car for 3 weeks and lived on chicken fillets and paul newman salads from mcd drive thru, but in the uk, very rarely

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're still better than Burger King, mind. Although thats probably akin to saying that syphilis is better than genital warts.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Grendel said:
I honestly cannot remember the last time I went to McDonalds, or even wanted to go. I'd rather eat my own excrement B]

as opposed to somebody/something elses.

'Fast Food Nation' anybody? To quote 'there is shit in the meat' - it's still in print and Macdonalds can't get it taken out of the text as it is true.

Eat shit and die...

Last edited:

E

enigma

Easy 10 said:
They're still better than Burger King, mind. Although thats probably akin to saying that syphilis is better than genital warts.

i think the chips are better at Mcdonalds but I prefer the burgers at burger king by miles.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
enigma said:
i think the chips are better at Mcdonalds but I prefer the burgers at burger king by miles.

seconded

although i never go there either

just looking at the state of the people who work in there makes me suspicious of the food

E

enigma

For me it comes to down to this, occasionally when Im really hungry I will eat fast food. Its cheap, quick but its not particularly nice. However you do know what you're getting.

What I dont understnad is people choosing fast food over cooking for themselves if they have time. I live marginally closer to a tesco than a burger king, and I would rather spend 4-5 quid in tesco and have a very nice meal than an average one in BK, if I have the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
enigma said:
Naah...there's something not quite "right" about the flavour of those Burger King burgers. They don't taste exactly how I'd expect a run-of-the-mill fast food burger to taste. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can't get the thought out of my head that there is just something a little bit WRONG about them.

Not that McDonalds is infinatelty better, but I'm slightly more comfortable with their burgers. McDonalds are crap, and they know they are. Burger King try to pass themselves off as some kind of Uncle Sams, which clearly, they are not.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I love a McDonalds, even though it's obviously full of shit, so i don't go in there too often, maybe once every couple of months

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
shingle said:
They are a godsend when youve been travelling through egypt for weeks, likewise china.

I'm genuinely baffled by remarks like this.

It reminds of a time when I was in Italy and overheard two couples in our tour party saying that they'd eaten in McD for lunch and dinner every day.

Why bother going to a foreign country if you're going to eat what you eat at home? Particularly when one of the countries is China, one of the world's great cuisines (I could understand it if you were travelling through Russia, say). Each to his or her own, I suppose, but I really do find it strange.

E

enigma

Easy 10 said:
Naah...there's something not quite "right" about the flavour of those Burger King burgers. They don't taste exactly how I'd expect a run-of-the-mill fast food burger to taste. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can't get the thought out of my head that there is just something a little bit WRONG about them.

Not that McDonalds is infinatelty better, but I'm slightly more comfortable with their burgers. McDonalds are crap, and they know they are. Burger King try to pass themselves off as some kind of Uncle Sams, which clearly, they are not.

Fair enough, I cant really see that BK is much better than McDonalds myself, no real reason for the price difference. I think the Bacon Double Cheeseburger isnt bad.

Ironically, in America BK is seen as the more downmarket one, or so Im told.

If you want a really good burger, go to any Gourmet Burger restaurant in London. They're AMAZING. Once you've had one there its difficult to look at fast food in the same way.

E

enigma

Gwylan said:
I'm genuinely baffled by remarks like this.

It reminds of a time when I was in Italy and overheard two couples in our tour party saying that they'd eaten in McD for lunch and dinner every day.

That is pathetic. Italian food is arguably the nicest in the world, and also there is a great variety for those who have difficult diets. Disgraceful. People like that shouldnt be allowed abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here