Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My mate rang 20 ago from Sportsman. App loads of people working on the pitch etc and it doesn't look great. Gus and a few players were out there. Walkway around ground not that icy - just a small layer of snow.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm going to keep mine as I intend to complain and get a refund. Unfortunately I cant do that if I've given away the tickets.

What do you think the club can do about the weather? The groundstaff think the pitch is OK, presumably the Police or whoever has said the entrances and exits are OK. So what else are they meant to do?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
what ever happenens PR disaster and if called off in the game OMG all hell to break out.

How is it a PR disaster !? :wozza:

What are the club supposed to do ? They can only go on the conditions as they are in real time, they can't predict the future and if it's playable and the stands are safe then why should they call it off. Any decision to call it off during the game will be made by the ref.

I've decided not to travel for several reasons and if it goes ahead that's almost certainly ticket money for me and my boy down the drain, but I won't be pissing and whinging that the club have handled it badly.

I'm going to keep mine as I intend to complain and get a refund. Unfortunately I cant do that if I've given away the tickets.

Good for you, while your at it ask them for a personality transplant and to check that you don't have a serious form of OCD that makes you shit your pants at the sight of all white powders when they come in the depth of 0.5cm.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why the f*** hasn't the club given us any indication of the probability of the game being off? If only we had a press officer.....

Oh

Have you even bothered to read this ??? Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Update: Tonights Game On

They say that it is on at the moment, they want to play it tonight, they are confident that the site will be clear and safe for supporters and it would only be called off if something dramatic happens to change this - not just a couple of minutes worth of extra snow that we have had

Plan for the game being on, leave earlier, give yourself plenty of time to get there and get in and leave it until the last minute and have to tear about trying to get there for kick off.

I can understand why some fans want it called off, they have decided not to go and don't want to miss out on watching a game they have already paid for - fair enough but thats their choice and they have to stick by the consequences of their decision if the game is still played and they don't go.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Going to my 1st withdean game tonight......it better be on or im kicking off!!!!!!!!!

My mate rang 20 ago from Sportsman. App loads of people working on the pitch etc and it doesn't look great. Gus and a few players were out there. Walkway around ground not that icy - just a small layer of snow.

TBH, that's what it has been like for the past 3 hours, lots of people on the pitch (including Gus) yet everyone you ask has said it will be on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
inspection 6-30 apparently.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
No decision yet on Albion game
6:20pm Friday 17th December 2010

Print
Email
Comments(0)
By Andy Naylor »

Albion's home game against Notts County tonight is under threat, with 90 minutes left until kick-off.

Referee Phil Crossley has yet to decide whether the match can go ahead.

He is concerned about a frosty patch in the penalty box at the west end of the stadium.

Groundstaff are using the giant mobile lighting rig and heaters, powered from the press room, on the affected area.

The rest of the pitch is covered by a light dusting of snow, the lines have been painted yellow and, if the game goes ahead, an orange ball will be used.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
Have you even bothered to read this ??? Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Update: Tonights Game On

They say that it is on at the moment, they want to play it tonight, they are confident that the site will be clear and safe for supporters and it would only be called off if something dramatic happens to change this - not just a couple of minutes worth of extra snow that we have had

Plan for the game being on, leave earlier, give yourself plenty of time to get there and get in and leave it until the last minute and have to tear about trying to get there for kick off.

I can understand why some fans want it called off, they have decided not to go and don't want to miss out on watching a game they have already paid for - fair enough but thats their choice and they have to stick by the consequences of their decision if the game is still played and they don't go.

But this message has been on the website for hours - the temperature is dropping still snowing in areas of sussex and sussex police are advising not to travel and yet still no decision

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Why should they give a refund if they have decided that the ground is safe for fans to travel to and for the game to go ahead???

It's your choice no to go and i suspect that if you and your child really wanted to go you would make it somehow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here