Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Coming from East Preston (nr littlehampton) and definitely want the game ON.

What's your problem?? It's f***ing dangerous out there, I dont really want to lose £50 but I aint risking mine & my daughters safety either. It would be much better to cancel the match and play it in the new year. So howabout you f***ing do one!!

Oh bollocks, people get to school in Canada week in week out in 3 ft of snow with temperatures of -20 and you are getting worked up about what is about a center meter of snow and no ice inside and around the ground!

I have been down there for 2 hours and just got back and it is perfectly safe, the only danger is the pitch freezing during the game yet as posted previously, it is ONLY minus 4 and the temperature against FC United read minus 6 and again, no injuries/seemed fine.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
bet all those wanting the game on live in Brighton, not the far out post in Sussex !!
I live in Brighton and would rather see the game off. I would much rather play them on good pitch conditions where we can play our football and not a lottery where a defender slips on his arse to put the ball in his own net.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't see how 1cm of snow or ice (which is being melted) makes the game a "complete lottery" either but hey ho

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The last time we played on a nigh on frozen pitch we won 4-0, didn't we?

I can't decide how much earlier than normal to leave. I usually get one of the last p&r buses, but don't want to leave it so late, on the other hand, I don't want to get there too early and be stood in the cold for longer than I have to be.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Live in Epsom, Surrey and the roads are like ice rinks here. I'm definately staying at home with a roaring fire, beer and the commentry on!!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have played in worse so once the police or whoever said the surrounding area was ok it was going to be fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here