Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Saints & Bournemouth games tomorrow already off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
About an inch now in Icklesham nr Rye

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just walked back from Withdean gym and the pavement is getting a bit slippy. Could be the surrounding areas that is the problem rather than the pitch :(

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Doubt very much whether it'll be on tonight - very snowy just N of gatwick and in Crawley (although that's of little relevance I understand) but it is very icy and unlkely to get any warmer and I think Mr "elf and Safety" will be having palpitations if the game does go ahead

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To check the pitch?

If it goes from playable to not having taken the covers off for a couple of hours then the ggame's not going to be played (or finished) anyway?

Watched the Luton game on TV last week and they took the covers off with about 45 mins to go. Pitch played really well and it was much chillier. We don't seem to be very good at getting games on....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Argh, can't take this will it / wont it :laugh: not sure whether to buy tickets but I suppose I can get a refund if its not on.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just walked back from Withdean gym and the pavement is getting a bit slippy. Could be the surrounding areas that is the problem rather than the pitch :(

Well as your there, can't you get a shovel and some salt and sort it out for the rest of us. Would be much better exercise than you'll find int he gym too. :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Watched the Luton game on TV last week and they took the covers off with about 45 mins to go. Pitch played really well and it was much chillier. We don't seem to be very good at getting games on....

The withdean bowl always seems a fair few degrees colder than anywhere else. The metal temp stands are also not the friendliest of surfaces in the ice either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here