Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today I shall be mostly helping to canvass for the Tory Party in BN1

D

Deleted User X18H

Point is, Tiddles is going canvassing in a strong Labour/Green area. He'll have his work cut out.

Still, if it keeps him off here - I just hope he stays away from the children in the parks...

:facepalm:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
094.gif

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
But it wasn't pointed at you was it? So why pretend so?
It doesn't matter whether it was aimed at me does it, if that were the case then all the bigots on here could claim the same, I'm pissed off because I consider what was posted to have under lying conetaition's that I couldn't believe would come from one Brighton fan to the other, for the record if how HBBB described happen'd to me whilst out with my family well, put it this way the cyclist done well to bump into Tim, assuming that is what happened?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It doesn't matter whether it was aimed at me does it, if that were the case then all the bigots on here could claim the same, I'm pissed off because I consider what was posted to have under lying conetaition's that I couldn't believe would come from one Brighton fan to the other, for the record if how HBBB described happen'd to me whilst out with my family well, put it this way the cyclist done well to bump into Tim, assuming that is what happened?
I've no idea what they are on about and to be honest couldn't care less.I just don't understand why you are getting all hot under the collar when the insults are not being thrown in your direction.It feels you are poking your nose in mate.Anyway i'm off out now. and this isn't my arguement for a change.:lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've no idea what they are on about and to be honest couldn't care less.I just don't understand why you are getting all hot under the collar when the insults are not being thrown in your direction.It feels you are poking your nose in mate.Anyway i'm off out now. and this isn't my arguement for a change.:lol:[/QUOTE
Ok enjoy your evening.:thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

....anyway canvassing went well I can't see much evidence of Green support apart from the tofu havens of Ditchling Rise, Argyll Road and Campbell Road . Got offered a cup of tea and given some lovely fruit cake in Preston Park Ave.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
....anyway canvassing went well I can't see much evidence of Green support apart from the tofu havens of Ditchling Rise, Argyll Road and Campbell Road . Got offered a cup of tea and given some lovely fruit cake in Preston Park Ave.

The areas you went in - or said you were going to go in - have Labour and Green councillors, and a whole host of Vote Labour and Vote Green posters in various windows.

Did you actually go canvassing - or just walk the streets in the sunshine?

Excellent.

And evidence that Old Labour still has a presence in the area.

From the Ian Mikardo book on how to run an election campaign:-

23. ALWAYS invite a Tory canvasser in for tea and cake. It means they will get to knock on fewer doors.

47. Encourage all Labour supporters to phone the Tories on election day and book a car for a lift to the polling station.

47(a). Apart from anything else, they have better cars.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Excellent.

23. ALWAYS invite a Tory canvasser in for tea and cake. It means they will get to knock on fewer doors.

47. Encourage all Labour supporters to phone the Tories on election day and book a car for a lift to the polling station.

Excellent. My grandmother always got a Tory lift to the polling station.

D

Deleted User X18H

The areas you went in - or said you were going to go in - have Labour and Green councillors, and a whole host of Vote Labour and Vote Green posters in various windows.

Did you actually go canvassing - or just walk the streets in the sunshine?

Oh don't be so thick! Everyone knows there is a world of difference between voting in local council elections and voting in a general election. :facepalm:

D

Deleted User X18H

Excellent.

Actually this ain't far from the truth 3/1 on Fancy Pants ain't a bad idea.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is a better way. Say you are a card carrying Green and will not vote for any one else, when the canvaser knocks on your door and says he is from the Lib Dems or one of the other Partys, welcome the canvasser and promise them your vote.
Then when you go to vote green and you emerge from the polling station you will be accosted by a teller who asks for your voting number, Back at Lib Dem HQ they have a polling list, they then match the numbers with the list and see that you are a LIb Dem voter and cross your name off the list and count it as a vote for them, thus artificially inflating the Lib Den vote. If enough people do this the Lib Dems will relax and stop dragging people out to vote and all the while the green vote is shooting up unnoticed, and not reacted too.
Having been involved in elections a few times I believe the Labour party supporters are very good at this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Excellent.

:thumbsup: halcyon days :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tim is a decent bloke so does not deserve the shit he gets. Tim keeping working hard to get Super Dave in and we can have a celebratory pint after the election when the blue army sweep to victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here