Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To those that want Mickey out...

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
And the twelve players that the current manager has brought in?

See above - 12 is enough for a whole team! Murray and Forster were our only effective strikers when Micky Adams was appointed in May so if lack of cover is a problem then there's been ample time to address that don't you think?

Not really. How on earth did he have time to buy strikers when he needed to buy every centre back in the country?

Would all of this about adams be goin on if wilkins was in charge and we were having the same season ??? We were lucky last season to make seventh mainly cos of the do or die draws against forest and leeds ... we were never goin to make the playoffs with defeats like port vale at home ..... oh yeah defeats by teams that we were supposed to wipe the floor with when wilikins in charge ?? wait till christmas then judge then get a new manager in and see him completely change the team to what he wants we would be just chasing our tails

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
Would all of this about adams be goin on if wilkins was in charge and we were having the same season ??? We were lucky last season to make seventh mainly cos of the do or die draws against forest and leeds ... we were never goin to make the playoffs with defeats like port vale at home ..... oh yeah defeats by teams that we were supposed to wipe the floor with when wilikins in charge ?? wait till christmas then judge then get a new manager in and see him completely change the team to what he wants we would be just chasing our tails

yes but we were also unlucky not to beat the likes of walsall and the other teams who equalised late on. That argument is invalid i am afraid.

yes but we were also unlucky not to beat the likes of walsall and the other teams who equalised late on. That argument is invalid i am afraid.

but it happened if we were a superb team we wouldnt have let the goal in ... we did and couldnt come back to win ..... Leicester may have been a flash in the pan but we came back .

And the fact that you state that other team equalised late on sooo we still threw away points not promotion form .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me Adams inherited the core of a very good squad.

Kuipers, Sullivan

Whing, El-Abd, Lynch, Elphick, Pearson

Fraser, Cox, Thomson, Loft, Chamberlain

Murray, Forster, Robinson, Gatting, Dixon

Maybe a couple I've forgotten, and there is some dead wood there, but overall it is decent and Wilkins obviously had plans of what he was going to do build on the promising base. Adams added six players of his own in the summer. He inherited a bad squad? Doesn't wash.

Hmm. Is that the good squad? :lolol:

Lynch wants out. Pearson? Chamberlain? Loft? Gatting? Dixon? Robinson? You're joking right?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

We also finished SEVEN points off the play-offs after picking up nine from 12 in the last few games when, all but mathematically, the cause was already lost. Realistic promotion prospects ended at Southend.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Indeed, but don't let the facts get in the way of the apologists' 'need to rebuild' argument..

I actually liked your reasoned well thought-out arguments usually, but you have just got right down in my estimation for using the term 'apologists' - that's such wank.

And for you to agree that this is the basis of a 'good squad' is just laughable.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That is an awful lot of smileys. You must be right.

No. I'm sure you're correct. I mean, the way clubs were queuing round the block to sign a lethal striker like Gatting obviously backs up your theory.

You clearly have an eye for football talent.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That's not exactly what I said is it? As strawmen go, not a particularly convincing one. Sorry.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We clearly did have a decent squad last season - we finished seventh last season and the league table doesn't lie.

I think everyone accepts the squad now is stronger, so why are we doing worse? It's going to take a ridiculous run of form to get us to finish seventh this year, which still won't be good enough in my eyes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm not bothered by his original "betrayal" in the slightest. I'm bothered by the fact we sacked a very good young manager last season, despite coming seventh, and we have replaced him with someone who seems to have developed into a long ball merchant with an eerie infatuation for Colin Hawkins and Adam Virgo.

BRILLIANT! I doff my cap sir as thats spot on.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Murray was coming back from injury and, so, ideally wouldn't have been needed at all. Fleetwood's not a target man.

Next...

Why is there a need for a target man for every game then?

A manager would have known Fleetwood is not a target man, and would have stopped the team playing the ball high up in the air to a fast midget. But we persisted with a centre back upfront, because he scored a tally of ZERO goals from that position, 1 goal in 19 games (from a penalty), no idea of how to play upfront, and made a great player look terrible

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually liked your reasoned well thought-out arguments usually, but you have just got right down in my estimation for using the term 'apologists' - that's such wank.

And for you to agree that this is the basis of a 'good squad' is just laughable.

Firstly, I'm sorry to have dissappointed you.

On the second line, the crucial point is that, that squad DID finish 7th, much as many on here would like to pretend they didn't, or write it off as 'lucky'. The league table doesn't lie.

Those players secured enough points to be the seventh best out of 24 teams. They have since been joined by expensive [in terms of wages at least] additions from championship clubs, and yet are now only capable of residing in 15th place.

Just to re-cap;

We have MORE players.
A BIGGER playing budget.
LESS wins.
LESS points.

I've yet to hear a single coherent argument from anyone here, as to why anything other than the change of management can be held responsible for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here