Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the sack McGhee brigade.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:
It's only a guess but when you have a manager that you massively disagree with most of the things he does and you feel certain he will get the sack and it doesn't happen - in some opinion's he is still here to continue the damaging our club and reputation just the shock of it can make you do strange things!

;)

:) Fair enough, I can understand that.

Im just glad I had us to get promoted at about 12/1, I guess the same also works in reverse. ;)

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
other than the unlucky hinsh,(who in MHO was thrown into the deep end a bit) who do you lot reackon is the WORST manager we have had in the last 10 seasons or so then?
Mcghee anyone??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fred Oliver - Legend said:
other than the unlucky hinsh,(who in MHO was thrown into the deep end a bit) who do you lot reackon is the WORST manager we have had in the last 10 seasons or so then?
Mcghee anyone??

in the last three years I think we can all agree that MM is most definitely the worst and by some margin too

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mcghee anyone??

I am confused. Which Manager has kept us in the championship for two seasons, whilst having to sell most of our best players with a small proprtion coming back to strengthen?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The problem with questions like that is you can only take part in the league you are in - we will never know how Adams would have done in the Championship - And Mcghee in Div 3

D

Deleted member 2719

Mcghee anyone??

Imo McGhee is your man.

Jeff wood etc had it far harder than McGhee in as much having to play away games every match while on the slide down the league - not many managers have ever had a worse situation.

I agree with you on Hinsh.

Who do you think?

???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
Imo McGhee is your man.

Jeff wood etc had it far harder than McGhee in as much having to play away games every match while on the slide down the league - not many managers have ever had a worse situation.

???

I may be wrong but didn't he take over when we had just recorded our best EVER away run of wins, Horton seemed to be doing just fine at Gillingham also and Adams turned it round again when he took over. But if suggesting Wood is better than McGhee rocks your boat keep on going :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
I may be wrong but didn't he take over when we had just recorded our best EVER away run of wins, Horton seemed to be doing just fine at Gillingham also and Adams turned it round again when he took over. But if suggesting Wood is better than McGhee rocks your boat keep on going :)

Wood had Minton, Thomas and a couple of others out.
Even Adams had struggles with that side for the last 6 or so

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Mouldy Boots said:
Imo McGhee is your man.

I agree with you on Hinsh.

Who do you think?

???

well i cant ever see MM managing in the prem, i think maybe we have been a bit spoilt with the managers in the past,Addams,coppel,taylor, so as far as im concerened MM is the worst but he is trying to do a good job with a bad bunch, so whether we like it or not hes our man and we have to stick by him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Icy Gull said:
in the last three years I think we can all agree that MM is most definitely the worst and by some margin too
Two of those three years included a promotion, followed by our highest League finish in 14 years. How exactly does that make McGhee "the worst, and by some margin" over the last 3 years ?

OK, my confidence in McGhee has been severely eroded over the last year or so, but to call McGhee the worst manager by some margin over the last three years is patently complete and utter bollocks.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Wood had Minton, Thomas and a couple of others out.
Even Adams had struggles with that side for the last 6 or so

Sorry, I am unable to comprehend an argument suggesting Wood was a better manager then McGhee, it just beggars belief imo.

D

Deleted member 2719

Icy Gull said:

IMO McGhee has done more harm to our reputation than wood did, Jeff who?

In years( or maybe months ;) ) to come it is my prediction is that when MM has gone he will be remembered for all the negative things he has done because there are so many.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Two of those three years included a promotion, followed by our highest League finish in 14 years. How exactly does that make McGhee "the worst, and by some margin" over the last 3 years ?

OK, my confidence in McGhee has been severely eroded over the last year or so, but to call McGhee the worst manager by some margin over the last three years is patently complete and utter bollocks.

Sorry forgot to mention that he is also the best by some margin as well, just took that as read :wave:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:

I think it was a bit of sarcasm easy. I bloody hope so anyway.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not an outer but if he had gone I think they would have to give Wilkins a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here