Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the person whose seat I snapped in West Stand Upper.....

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Come into your house, rape your Grandmother to DEATH and put my foot through your telly whilst gunning down your newly born baby. So, you and the three people sat with you didn't need to look at me like you were about to cry then call the police. There was 1 minute remaining and your seat will be replaced by the club (oops sorry club as well).

I'd be more annoyed about the seat!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
.... I apologise sincerely.

In the sheer excitement of our 93rd minute winner tonight, I stood on a chair in the row in front and somehow managed to snap the back of the seat off (#fatbastard).

However, what I didn't do was........

Come into your house, rape your Grandmother to DEATH and put my foot through your telly whilst gunning down your newly born baby. So, you and the three people sat with you didn't need to look at me like you were about to cry then call the police. There was 1 minute remaining and your seat will be replaced by the club (oops sorry club as well).

I apologise for my over-exuberance but if a snapped chair is enough to make you look so HORRIFIED I would suggest a place in the family stand will be more to your liking then the relatively "visceral" experience of the WSU.

Its a football match.

I,m with you all the way Ches. People today eh...?

Last time I went into someones house and raped their grandmother to DEATH, kicked their telly in and gunned down the newborn baby.......they were fine. Even said "thankyou" as I left and "please call in again next time you,re passing" ..........(Well, not the Grandmother of course because she was DEAD...and the newborn baby did appear to grimace a bit with the 18 bullets I had shot into it, but apart from that everyone was happy.)

Have you considered counselling to overcome this traumatic event of them staring at you...?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the point of this post is what? For you to moan about some people who the misfortune to sit in front of some oik who for some reason still unknown decided to stand on there seat and break it? Surely your cause of action repeatedly and then contact the club and offer to pay for it?

Are you going to do that at the next game, or just post on here how hard you are?

LE19

And the point of this post is what? For you to moan about some people who the misfortune to sit in front of some oik who for some reason still unknown decided to stand on there seat and break it? Surely your cause of action repeatedly and then contact the club and offer to pay for it?

Are you going to do that at the next game, or just post on here how hard you are?

Hard and FAT. Don't forget FAT.

Yes, he should offer to pay for the seat.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I should clarify as I didn't explain properly.

It was the BACK of someone's chair I stood on, not the chair that they sit on. I can understand that standing on their chair would have been a very odd/anti-social thing to do. As it was, standing on their "chair back" seemed the natural and logical thing to do at the time as it was right in front of me and literally* ASKING to be stood on.

Apologies to those of you on here who I upset with my over-exuberance. I will ensure to clap politely and perhaps wave a little next time we score a 93rd minute winner with one of the best finishes I have ever seen at The Amex. You will be pleased to know that I emailed the club late last night to ensure the season ticket-holder I upset with my celebratory antics does not get in trouble for my stupidity.....

*in the Jamie Redknapp meaning of the word.

Email to club below:

Hi, I am a season ticket holder in West Stand Upper and on Tuesday evening celebrating our 93rd minute I got a tad “over-exuberant” and ended up snapping the back of the chair of the guy who sits in front of me (also a season ticket holder) by standing on it. His seat number is xxxxxxxx.

I wanted to ensure that this was fixed prior to the Bolton game, and was concerned that if I didn’t “own up” that he may get the blame for it.

Is it also possible that you could give me his contact details so I can apologise as the Bolton game is quite a way off? He seemed a bit horrified at the time. If this is not possible, would it be at all possible for you to contact him in some form on my behalf to apologise.

I will ensure to keep my celebrations under control next time, suffice to say that the combination of a 93rd winner and a much-maligned new signing delicately chipping the keeper in such sublime fashion was too much for me to take.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No doubt the club will be able to go back to our new super CCTV which can pick out every individual seat and watch a rerun of what happened and then act accordingly depending on their view that it was either an accident or deliberate vandalism.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No doubt the club will be able to go back to our new super CCTV which can pick out every individual seat and watch a rerun of what happened and then act accordingly depending on their view that it was either an accident or deliberate vandalism.

Yes, I deliberately vandalised a chair back because I was so angry that the team I support had just scored a 93rd minute winner. Then after vandalising the chair deliberately I wrote an email to the club to tell them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, I deliberately vandalised a chair back because I was so angry that the team I support had just scored a 93rd minute winner. Then after vandalising the chair deliberately I wrote an email to the club to tell them.

Had enough attention on this one yet ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I wasn't suggesting that you did break it deliberately but the CCTV will give the club the opportunity to make a considered decision. Everything is not always as clear as first indicated again this is no slur on you or your intentions just a fact of life.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Emotional rollercoaster. Regretful but not sorry, then annoyed, defiant, angry, apologetic and faintly protective. Reminds me of my bad old farty games of last season, I'd spent entire halves balancing rueful angst against self-justification.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

It was the BACK of someone's chair I stood on, not the chair that they sit on. I can understand that standing on their chair would have been a very odd/anti-social thing to do. As it was, standing on their "chair back" seemed the natural and logical thing to do at the time as it was right in front of me and literally* ASKING to be stood on.

Apologies to those of you on here who I upset with my over-exuberance. I will ensure to clap politely and perhaps wave a little next time we score a 93rd minute winner with one of the best finishes I have ever seen at The Amex. You will be pleased to know that I emailed the club late last night to ensure the season ticket-holder I upset with my celebratory antics does not get in trouble for my stupidity.....

Email to club below:

Hi, I am a season ticket holder in West Stand Upper and on Tuesday evening celebrating our 93rd minute I got a tad “over-exuberant” and ended up snapping the back of the chair of the guy who sits in front of me (also a season ticket holder) by standing on it. His seat number is xxxxxxxx.

I wanted to ensure that this was fixed prior to the Bolton game, and was concerned that if I didn’t “own up” that he may get the blame for it.

Is it also possible that you could give me his contact details so I can apologise as the Bolton game is quite a way off? He seemed a bit horrified at the time. If this is not possible, would it be at all possible for you to contact him in some form on my behalf to apologise.

I will ensure to keep my celebrations under control next time, suffice to say that the combination of a 93rd winner and a much-maligned new signing delicately chipping the keeper in such sublime fashion was too much for me to take.
F*ck all of that. Break it again next week, that'll learn 'em.

Looking at you. The bastards.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Email to club below:

Missing the offer to pay for the damage. Doesn't take a genius to see that the seat backs will break if some idiot feels the need to stand on them.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Give the guy a break, he got a bit excited and broke a chair whoop de doo, at least he had the good grace to email the club and explain, I bet a lot of people wouldn't have done that. Chesney you're a legend, and if it was caught on cctv I hope the club plays it on the big screens at the Bolton game cos I for one would love to see it, if only to see the guy's face who's chair it was lol

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chesney, I think you've just coined a new word:

CHAIRBREAKER <noun> "The reaction from supporters to a winning goal scored in the last minute of an association football match."

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Give the guy a break, he got a bit excited and broke a chair whoop de doo, at least he had the good grace to email the club and explain, I bet a lot of people wouldn't have done that. Chesney you're a legend, and if it was caught on cctv I hope the club plays it on the big screens at the Bolton game cos I for one would love to see it, if only to see the guy's face who's chair it was lol

Ta.

I appreciate my initial post was a tad self-righteous but I didn't expect quite so much abuse for it.

I was just trying to make a general point about football becoming over-sanitised, and reminiscing about the terrace era when you would often end up about 30 yards away from where you'd been standing after a goal had gone in.

I don't think that makes me a thug or an oik. As for the fact I am expected to offer to pay for the damage, I've spoken to the club again today and its being sorted. I don't expect they will be sending me a bill for it, and the guy told me its happened quite a few times.

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
At the risk of outing more thugs, oiks and total scumbags like me.... I'd be interested to hear other people's tales of over-the-top celebrating causing themselves an injury/damage etc.

I remember at Wycombe a few years back, scraping a load of skin off my shin celebrating Murray's hat-trick goal.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I broke/snapped the back of a seat at Wrexham in the cup replay last year out of frustration for being, well, shit that day.

Alan Navarros last min winner against THE Leeds United resulted in bruised shins as we were now in the stand level with the touchline and of course the seat supports are iron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here