Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

to the people behind me telling me to sit down

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
I was in U11, right next to Bristol supporters, i must admit i got abit carried away swaring at them, some guy behind me told me to stop swaring as he had kids with him. I felt guilty and shut up.
im gonna try and curb my language next season, to anyone that knows me its gonna be an uphill task!!!

I've been saying that for the past 5 years! Its just so hard to do, especially when you get caught up in all the excitement and atmosphere. Must admit being nearer the Brizzle fans seemed to help the U10/11 blocks get up and sing.

Hearing GOSBTS at the beginning really brought it home that we were in this major final. Still getting goosebumps thinking about it :D

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I spent most of the game sitting. I was right at the front (2nd row) of N2 and I had visions of being pitched over the balcony onto the tier below, and also I'm a reasonably considerate chap who was aware that there were several hundred people who might prefer to see the game rather than the back of my head. I was stood up for about the last ten minutes though, and must say I didn't hear any moaning during the entire game.

I guess the context is a little different for Sunday's game as opposed to the usual away game. I enjoy standing at away games generally, but felt that the Play-Off Final isn't really an away game, it is an event, and as such there were thousands of people there who aren't usually away followers - they don't know the customs.

watsongooal said:
Thats the only thing that Annoyed me about Sunday. People that hadnt been to a match since Notts County or 84 who moaned at everyone standing.
Sorry. But doesn't this mean exactly the same as ..

"What really annoyed me about Sunday was the fact that we took 30,000 Albion supporters"

?

What are you people on?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Lord Bracknell said:
Sorry. But doesn't this mean exactly the same as ..

"What really annoyed me about Sunday was the fact that we took 30,000 Albion supporters"

?

What are you people on?

No it doesnt, its means exactly what I said.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah harris i had a few retard boring twats near me and i even ended up in a diffrent seat in the 2nd half as someone said where was you before and i said f*** knows:lolol: :lolol:

Misrable people should get a life:angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Block N1 Row 2 Seat 1 right next to the steps. I stood up whenever I wanted to sing or the game was exciting but sat down because everyone else was at other times. Stood for a lot of it though. Didn't get any complaints. A few poeple joined in with the songs but must just sat there glum which was annoying.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
the full harris said:
you people, who were in block N1, row 3,

why don't you just f*** off.

i am supporting my team.

one idiot asked me to sit down at 2.15pm, after i had been in the ground for 5 minutes!

i told him there was absolutely no chance of that so he may aswell not bother.

apprently the same bloke was heard moaning during the game that 'if this were a premiership match, we would all be sitting down'. Shut the f*** up and go and watch chelsea then you twat.

This bloke proper f***ed me off. before the game had even started he was moaning about sitting down.

his son then started crying cos he couldnt see, he was sitting down if he stood up he would have been able to see. then we all moved around so i was in frount of him cos i was the shortest.

then throughout the game he kept telling me to sit down, in the end i told him to f*** off. this is when he said 'if we were in the premiership you would have to sit down'.

he also never stood up to a 'stand up if you want falmer chant'

and ate a whole pick nic throughout the game

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: to the people behind me telling me to sit down

poke said:

and ate a whole pick nic throughout the game

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Prawn sandwiches?

I'm going to stick to my guns on this one.

Did people really expect that 20,000 supporters - who have no choice but to be casual supporters - would turn up for their first away match in years and understand that there are a few hundred Albion supporters who expect to stand up throughout the game?

And that a reasonable response to an invitation to sit down is "You people are idiots and you can f*** off"?

I repeat my original question. Would you have preferred us NOT to take 30,000 to Cardiff?

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
How come everyone else had the nice stewards then? I got told by one I couldn't put the Falmer banner up, I asked why and he replied 'Because I said so.' FFS, it's football not Primary School :angry:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hart's mistress said:
How come everyone else had the nice stewards then? I got told by one I couldn't put the Falmer banner up, I asked why and he replied 'Because I said so.' FFS, it's football not Primary School :angry:

You weren't in the front row of N2 were you - cos a steward there started taking one of the banners down!!

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
I'm going to stick to my guns on this one.

Did people really expect that 20,000 supporters - who have no choice but to be casual supporters - would turn up for their first away match in years and understand that there are a few hundred Albion supporters who expect to stand up throughout the game?

And that a reasonable response to an invitation to sit down is "You people are idiots and you can f*** off"?

I repeat my original question. Would you have preferred us NOT to take 30,000 to Cardiff?

People do have a choice! I have turned up at the club shop the day before a few games this season to get a ticket for someone and there have been some left every time I have tried. Also, not every away game has been sold out either. It's not easy I know, but if people were that bothered they would be able to get to more games.
I see your point about them not understanding that some wish to stand up and that telling people to F off is not the best approach, and of course we want to fill our allocation. However it was more than a few hundred who wanted to stand, and if people haven't been for so long, is it unreasonable to expect that they realise we often stand at matches? And maybe therefore be a little more sympathetic towards the fans who go throughout the season and have therefore helped the club get to Cardiff?

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
Curious Orange said:
You weren't in the front row of N2 were you - cos a steward there started taking one of the banners down!!

I'd like to have seen him go round taking every banner down :lolol:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Woodingdean Gull said:
Me and my lot were dead lucky in U36. About 4 rows in front was Norman and Mark Williams, and as every row behind us was standing, we had no trouble standing up for the whole of the match.
Absolutely brilliant, just like being back on the Goldstone terraces.
U36 for me as well, great fun stand up sit down no one moaned, I did have a small kid next to me with one of those bloody horns but he was passionate about the Albion so I put up with it.

As a regular "stander" at away matches, I stick with my estimate of a "few hundred" who stand throughout a game. Usually in stadiums where there is enough empty space for us to work the"go where you want system" that wasn't available in the Millennium Stadium.

On Sunday, I was able to deal with the "Sit down" request that came from behind me with a simple explanation that the people in the eight rows in front of me were also standing.

Two minutes after kick-off, those eight rows were all sitting. Throughout the game, there were intermittent episodes of standing - all with no grief.

I just think it is incredibly unwelcoming to non-regular Albion supporters in a situation like Sunday to deal with a reasonable request to sit down by immediately asserting that standing is a right that "real" supporters will exercise regardless.

Let's hope these new supporters (or returning supporters) DO come back. We need their money.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
redland said:
didin't sit down all game, only had Gordon Strachan and his bird sat behind us though, she was fit almost well fit :D
You were obviously in our block. Great moment when Chris Kamara came out and sat next to Strachan and we all started singing "there's only one Lionel Richie". He saw the the funny side and Strachan was really laughing as well. And as I said before, great stewarding not to try and make us all sit down, they knew we weren't doing any harm. All in all a brilliant day.
:bounce: :bounce:

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
As I said I do agree with you Lord B, but only to an extent. What I am saying is that it sounds like a lot of people who don't often go to games came expecting everything to be done as they want it. To take an example of people near me - the guy asking people to sit down before the game even started. I do think that it is hard to expect everyone to stand throughout the game (however much we'd like them to), but people like this were asking everyone to sit throughout the game, and I feel that this is also unfair.

Last edited:

sawardseagulls

May 23, 2004
Brighton BN1
Don't want to go overboard but surgery in October has meant we haven't been able to go to home games (despite being season ticket holders). Last game was Hartlepool away! First possible game back was semi final at Withdean (& that was difficult). Cardiff was hard and painful but determined to get there - to have someone standing up in front of us would have been awful (but usually would agree!!).
Typical Albion though - everyone around helped! Thanks to those in N2:flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here