Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

to the people behind me telling me to sit down

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Its not about the view when it comes to standing! its the tension and atmosphere that you have to stand! i tried to remain seated through the game, but it if brighton attacked i had to stand and shout! sorry its being passionate!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Me and my mate were in block UN4 with my 9 year old daughter and his 6 year old son. People were standing up from about 8 rows in front of us. Was it a problem? No - the kids stood on their seats and loved all the noise going on around them. Being a season ticket holder at Withdean, it's virtually impossible to take the kids to a home game so they've been to more away games than home ones. They have had to stand each time and have always loved it.

One great thing about the play-off semi home leg was that most of the South Stand (even including C block where sitting is usually the done thing) were on their feet and made a bit of noise. I don't think the 2 things are unconnected.

However I can also see why some may want to sit. The guy behind me at Withdean is getting on a bit (70's at least) and can't stand for long periods of time, but he is a passionate Albion fan. In an ideal stadium he should be able to chose to sit and I chose to stand while we both get to see the game without someone's head in front of us.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I have no problem with all seater stadiums. I like to sit down at half time. However there should be designated areas for standing up and areas where you have to sit down. It is not dangerous to stand up it is dangerous to over pack terraces. Having an allocated seat to stand near solves this problem. There should also be areas where you have to be over 18 so we can have a damn good swear!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lammy said:
It is not dangerous to stand up it is dangerous to over pack terraces.

Leg injuries occur from people standing where there are seats.

Lammy said:
However there should be designated areas for standing up and areas where you have to sit down. It is not dangerous to stand up it is dangerous to over pack terraces. Having an allocated seat to stand near solves this problem. There should also be areas where you have to be over 18 so we can have a damn good swear!

So we will have an over 18's standing section, an under 18's standing section, an over 18's sitting section, an under 18's sitting section, a family section.....

But I want to sit with my mates....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
RoyalAli said:
No.
There should be an area for people who want to sit down and not hear swearing, not the other way around.
It's called a Family section at a lot of stadiums, to disguise it's realy purpose.

Ehh? If there is an over 18 section for swearing then it goes without saying that the rest of the ground is for no swearing!

(I didn't say which section would be bigger!)

:dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fatboy said:
Leg injuries occur from people standing where there are seats.

So we will have an over 18's standing section, an under 18's standing section, an over 18's sitting section, an under 18's sitting section, a family section.....

But I want to sit with my mates....

Then clearly you will have to SIT in the 'sit with your mates section' obviously!

:dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
People injure themselves in tin openers but they still sell them!

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
what the f*** were they doing in a tin opener in the first place

incidentally Fatboy is right - I have the biggest bruise i have ever seen on my leg from celebrating Leon's goal

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Unfortunately I had someone behind me moaning.I just couldn't sit down kept getting up and down.Even found myself apologising to one of them,Why? I was just doing what we do at every away game but this one just meant so much,I couldn't help it.Found out later that my daughter heard one of them saying that the day had been great until the game kicked off and then some big bloke stands up in front of me and ruins it,said why bother having seats.Shame I didn't hear the comments I might have responded.If he couldn't see I would have moved if he asked nicely.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Spiros - I was in UN4 row 21 couldn't have been far away.Can't work out how anyone couldn't have seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here