Run for your lives, somebody said 'the' Withdean :ohmy: *very bad fan*

Does anyone really care? ffs we had people fussing last year if you wrote

Mickey instead of Micky & now this.

I suggest we buy the Millionare a present before NSC dissappears slowly up

it's own arse.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I tend to call it The Withdean Stadium and could'nt give a toss whether anybody thinks I'm right or wrong.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
When asked by opposing fans, they usually always ask about Falmer and then say something about THE Withdean regarding its view.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You wouldn't say "I'm going to stadium" you'd say "I'm going to the stadium", so I'm just adding 'withdean' into the sentence.

Of course you don't say 'I'm going to stadium'. To say 'I'm going to the Withdean Stadium' is only correct insofar as saying 'I'm going to the stadium which is located in Withdean'.

But it's not correct in saying that you're giving the name of the venue that you're going to.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course you don't say 'I'm going to stadium'. To say 'I'm going to the Withdean Stadium' is only correct insofar as saying 'I'm going to the stadium which is located in Withdean'.

But it's not correct in saying that you're giving the name of the venue that you're going to.

Which I guess is what I mean whenever I say 'the withdean stadium'. I don't say "the seagulls' home ground is the withdean stadium." But I may say "They play at the withdean stadium".

I never say 'the withdean', just 'withdean'.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If you've ever been in the changing rooms there is a sign saying Welcome to The Withdean :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you've ever been in the changing rooms there is a sign saying Welcome to The Withdean :)

Someone at the club is obviously a non Brightonian dick then, can we sneak up there one night and blank out the "The"? :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2980531 said:
Don't you mean Falmer Stadium? :jester:

I thought it was going to be called The Falmer Community Stadium. :jester:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
seems Sky Sports call it "Withdean" as theres plenty of room for a "THE" in here:

attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here