Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To Knight, The Blooms and whoever else is involved with decision making at the club..

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Thanks. That really is a bit of a concern. Suggests Slade won't have a contract before he goes away on Tuesday. Why do we always seem to do this between seasons. We never appoint/keep a manager immediately and let them get on with it.

Sadly at the moment it seems that certain people behind the scenes are determined to make it hard for Albion fans.

If the board f*** about, I'm actually not going to renew my season ticket next year. I mean that as well, because if there are some 'billy big nuts' characters on the board who think their opinions are more important than the voice of the supporters...then they will not be getting a penny out of me next year.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
when i was getting my shirt signed by knight yesterday we all said you should sign slade up hes quality
and i really do think he took it all on board
if he didnt god help the man

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't worry about it, the Eggman is here for good :thumbsup:
It's not really that, even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day and Bloom is bound to get the odd decision right. What is FAR more worrying are the rumours going around of divisions on the board. The club seems to have lost its way a bit over the last year: the cack-handed and seemingly whimsical way way the managerial comings and goings were handled and the leaden-footed approach to marketing and ticket sales being the two most obvious examples. Because these problems at the top haven't been sorted out we're on the verge of screwing up another post-season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sadly at the moment it seems that certain people behind the scenes are determined to make it hard for Albion fans.

If the board f*** about, I'm actually not going to renew my season ticket next year. I mean that as well, because if there are some 'billy big nuts' characters on the board who think their opinions are more important than the voice of the supporters...then they will not be getting a penny out of me next year.

To be honest, I would be tempted to do the same but bought a two year one at the start of this season so don't really have a choice. I can't believe that any member of the board would think it is a good idea to get rid of such a universally popular manager. However, this is Brighton and nothing would surprise me after what has happened in recent years.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This was an ideal situation really to test the metal of a prospective employee I think. He passed all the tests and if this position was on a trial basis then he must be given the job.
2 year contract with the 2nd year culminating in a promotion just in time for a championship season at Falmer

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There's a difference between a wise man and a wise guy. We still need wise men running this club.
0,,10433~3661900,00.jpg

Was this wise?

David%20Wheeler%20v%20Bath.jpg

Was this wise?

Was Ken Brown a wise choice?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
This was an ideal situation really to test the metal of a prospective employee I think. He passed all the tests and if this position was on a trial basis then he must be given the job.
2 year contract with the 2nd year culminating in a promotion just in time for a championship season at Falmer

I like your gist, but can we have a promotion in his first full season?

Perhaps flirt with the Championship play-offs in the second, and get to the top division after our first season at Falmer :thumbsup:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Message to the board? "If you don't want to go down in Albion history alongside Arc*er and Bell*tti, sign up Russell Slade on a one year rolling contract now!"

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If we end up like last summer and replace management again, i will literally jump off Beachy Head. Slade has done a tremendous job and got us to play some atttractive football so why the need for change with a man who has single handily kept us up when we were dead buried in March!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wise could be a Stalking Horse. Of course, nobody in their right mind would employ him as a Manager of anything other than a punk rock band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here