Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To be fair....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't give a monkeys if we win or lose these days so long as I have witnessed a great game, and to be fair, today I witnessed a really good game.

it was end to end, chances galore.....tremendous comedy moments - calderon's attempt at a cross in front of H block....their striker 1 on 1 three times and f***ed up all three chances.....the very nice young lady steward being told by Robocop to get a coat and having to walk in front of the Millwall fans and cox missing the goal in the last minute.

All in all 8/10 for entertainment today. Good stuff

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I actually thought that was the best we have played this season. And yes, I have been to every home game. Dont understand all the nagativity

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think we had one cleared of the line once... good chance that. Then someone hit the post. Millwall had one chance though, and they won. This is why we are 20th and they are in the top 6.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I thought Millwall defended very well and their goalie came out and punched well when he needed to.
I thought Gus was too gung ho to early with the subs. We were actually playing well when he made the changes.
Same old same old, just depressed by another home defeat.
PG

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i could not see millwall scoring if they tried all night. then another gift and its game over. the 2 1 on 1s at the end were down to us throwing all forward so that flattered them. we were by far the better of the 2 teams but the withdean hoodoo strikes again.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't give a monkeys if we win or lose these days so long as I have witnessed a great game, and to be fair, today I witnessed a really good game.

it was end to end, chances galore.....tremendous comedy moments - calderon's attempt at a cross in front of H block....their striker 1 on 1 three times and f***ed up all three chances.....the very nice young lady steward being told by Robocop to get a coat and having to walk in front of the Millwall fans and cox missing the goal in the last minute.

But Dave, we didn't win today so everything about the match was a complete SACK O' SHITE! Please, please, get with the programme. The kids are all right. Innit. :wave:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I thought Gus was too gung ho to early with the subs. We were actually playing well when he made the changes.
PG
I'll agree with that, as soon as the subs were made, our shape changed and we seemed to stop playing football. (Also could have been impacted by Navarro's departure) Again the first goal was all important, as whenever we seem to be chasing a one-goal deficit at Withdean we inevitably start to punt ball after ball into the box in hope that it'll end up in the back of the net. Had we scored the first goal I'm sure the game would have panned out entirely different. But obviously we didn't. Felt very similar to the MK Dons game earlier in the season.

Strangely enough in the first half I thought we looked most impressive in the middle third, Crofts and Navarro especially were linking up well and showing great movement. In the final third we weren't up to it so much. Still largely encouraged, just incredibly frustrated about the goal that proved to be the difference. As a team you can't account for such individual errors, they didn't deserve it.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

In general terms I think most people would agree with you if we were in mid-table with no chance of going up or down. However, because we are in danger of going down, results do matter or we will go down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We matched them in every way, other than one big mistake. We're definitely getting there and still think we'll finish in the top half.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
see im exactly the opisite, couldn't give a f*** about the performance as long as we get a resullt.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
see im exactly the opisite, couldn't give a f*** about the performance as long as we get a resullt.

perhaps after 35 odd years of watching brighton, i have seen it all, and i really just want to have a decent day out....if it ever got where i didn't get that, then that would be the day I would stop

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Ok, so we had two moments in a whole game at home against a poor team (and yes, they are poor despite their position). The one they cleared off the line was a clear foul by Elphick anyway as he was all over him. The other was a header from a punt into the box. We didn't really create anything. In a home game. That does not constitute a good performance in my book!

I don't think Millwall did much either to be fair, but Michel pulled off two saves near the end when they were clean through on goal, so they did have more than one chance.

We were shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Yes and no Dave, granted entertaining enough but if we end up in League 2 will we not wish we'd had the required number of dull, boring, one nil wins?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here