Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - The Staying Up Tracker - season 21-22 Final Update - 11 ABOVE

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
True , but doesn't quite explain why the table is so sturdy when you take it out of your house but goes all wobbly when back home ?

Table is sturdy out of the house because you're careful to put it on a nice solid surface and treat it with respect. At home, the table gets moved around a lot and sometimes it's put on a surface that maybe isn't properly flat, so it then gets all wobbly. What that table needs at home is some TLC for the floors, make sure they're providing a surface the table deserves.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A cheeky up date of the full league table after this weekends fixtures shows Leeds in the predicted bottom three for (possibly) the first time this season. Now that would be a thing of beauty.

And we are getting dangerously close to this being the season that justifies the 40 point benchmark.

And to think a few weeks ago some were saying that our 33 points were going to be enough to keep us up anyway, and seemed quite confident about it!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
And to think a few weeks ago some were saying that our 33 points were going to be enough to keep us up anyway, and seemed quite confident about it!

a couple months ago it appeared that 30 points was well beyond the bottom 3, Newcastle were beyond hope, then Burnley looked nailed on, then Everton, and now its looking like Leeds are fast becoming favourites. Even with only a few games left the final place is still up for grabs and the biggest surprise would be if there were no more surprises and twists

Big lesson to be re-learned this season , "it aint over till the fat lady has left the stage after taking the bows and applause and done an encore"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I must confess, having looked at the form of enough of the sides down there a month ago or so I thought 34 would be enough. Typically you get 1 or 2 sides digging out a run from somewhere, but Newcastle, Burnley 10pts from 4 games, Brentford 10 from 5, Leeds 8 from 5, Everton 7 from 5 - they've ALL kicked on.

It suddenly looks like it could be the highest survival total needed since Newcastle got relegated on 37 in 2016 or Birmingham on 39 in 2011.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
A cheeky up date of the full league table after this weekends fixtures shows Leeds in the predicted bottom three for (possibly) the first time this season. Now that would be a thing of beauty.

And we are getting dangerously close to this being the season that justifies the 40 point benchmark.
But surely, Leeds only get to 38 if they manage to beat the team with one of the best away records in the league, who in their past 4 away games have beaten Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But surely, Leeds only get to 38 if they manage to beat the team with one of the best away records in the league, who in their past 4 away games have beaten Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves!

The way results have been going, wouldn't discount them getting points v Arsenal, Chelsea or Brentford.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The way results have been going, wouldn't discount them getting points v Arsenal, Chelsea or Brentford.

Arsenal will be tough, but I think Chelsea at home is a must win. If they do what Everton do and get the crowd on side by constantly by being in their faces they can win that. Their bigger issue will be beating us and Brentford. Both bogey teams for Leeds.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Arsenal will be tough, but I think Chelsea at home is a must win. If they do what Everton do and get the crowd on side by constantly by being in their faces they can win that. Their bigger issue will be beating us and Brentford. Both bogey teams for Leeds.

Hopefully streams of snot and tears for them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I must confess, having looked at the form of enough of the sides down there a month ago or so I thought 34 would be enough. Typically you get 1 or 2 sides digging out a run from somewhere, but Newcastle, Burnley 10pts from 4 games, Brentford 10 from 5, Leeds 8 from 5, Everton 7 from 5 - they've ALL kicked on.

It suddenly looks like it could be the highest survival total needed since Newcastle got relegated on 37 in 2016 or Birmingham on 39 in 2011.

I pretty much said the same when we were on 34: "we're probably already safe - we just won't that for a while".

The table would be a bit of a concern if it were not for the trio of excellent away wins.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Is anyone talking about how we can genuinely make Europe this season? Cba to read back and can't see any threads about it.

I have posted on another thread. Simple message: WHU lose at Norwich and home to Liverpool; we beat Man U and Leeds and it is all down to final game. Assumes Wolves continue current run of form. WHU could in theory draw a match but we would then have to make up 16 on GD (we will not beat them on GS).

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

West Ham went down with 42 in 2003 and 40 points was insufficient in a couple of seasons in 90s. Difference is that PL is more extreme now with 2 teams only occasionally dropping points against the other 18.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I have posted on another thread. Simple message: WHU lose at Norwich and home to Liverpool; we beat Man U and Leeds and it is all down to final game. Assumes Wolves continue current run of form. WHU could in theory draw a match but we would then have to make up 16 on GD (we will not beat them on GS).

Not that simple as Leicester could still have a chance of finishing in 7th place. They’ve got 2 games in hand over us and have to play Everton (h), Norwich (h), Watford (a), Chelsea (a) and Southampton (h).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All this talk of Europe is pointless because it would require us to a) win four in a row (something we've never done in the premier league) b) win two home games when our home form is currently 18th (?) in the division.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All this talk of Europe is pointless because it would require us to a) win four in a row (something we've never done in the premier league) b) win two home games when our home form is currently 18th (?) in the division.

Oh FFS! -we all know how unlikely it is, but as long as it remains mathematically and theoretically possible we can - and will - dream.

If that's OK with you, of course.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
in theory Saints and Villa could both still go down too - though ideally only fall into bottom three at about 5:30pm on last Sunday of games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here