Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Just 2 points behind now? with only 1 point expected at Norwich, with a sneaky point before then from Leicester or Man Utd and a win quite possible at Norwich we could easily be ahead by the Liverpool and City games. Things looking very different than just 24 hours ago.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is what I was saying months ago, the tracker is good fun, but it wasn’t realistic to have 0 pts expected against all the so called “big teams” at home.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is what I was saying months ago, the tracker is good fun, but it wasn’t realistic to have 0 pts expected against all the so called “big teams” at home.

It’s not meant to be realistic. There is no attempt on [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]’s part to make a predictive model, it’s just cold simple results based on previous season finish and home and away advantage. There is no subjective predictions whatsoever. The JOY of the tracker is the results like yesterday. It should never be predicting these, and that’s why it’s beautiful.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It’s not meant to be realistic. There is no attempt on [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]’s part to make a predictive model, it’s just cold simple results based on previous season finish and home and away advantage. There is no subjective predictions whatsoever. The JOY of the tracker is the results like yesterday. It should never be predicting these, and that’s why it’s beautiful.

Agree 100%. There are plenty of prediction models if you like that sort of thing, but as the "super computer" ones show (and results like yesterday) its not possible to predict an entire season of results, so they have to change almost weekly. The Tracker is a simple, easy to understand GUIDE to how we are doing relative to the goal of 40 points, it doesn't change after every game so provides a stable base line from which to measure progress throughout the season. Its easy to adjust for our relegation threatened rivals to give an indication of how they may do, and quite easy to augment with European, Top Four lines should we so require. This is one of our "go to" pages after each match, as it doesn't rely on other teams matches being completed to see where we are (league tables can be very misleading once you have any difference of numbers of games played by the opposition.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Whilst our spotty longneck is busy, I thought I'd post an update to show how we are tracking against all the other metrics. We're still doing OK versus similar opponents from our previous PL seasons, and not far off the 'highest ever safety target', which actually intersects with the Giraffe model on this gameweek. I don't think my heart will be able to handle only getting 1 point over the next 5 matches though, so would be good to beat the model a few more times in the next couple of weeks!

Teaching humility.png
Vince Table.png

D

Deleted member 2719

Whilst our spotty longneck is busy, I thought I'd post an update to show how we are tracking against all the other metrics. We're still doing OK versus similar opponents from our previous PL seasons, and not far off the 'highest ever safety target', which actually intersects with the Giraffe model on this gameweek. I don't think my heart will be able to handle only getting 1 point over the next 5 matches though, so would be good to beat the model a few more times in the next couple of weeks!

View attachment 125173
View attachment 125174

I believe in increasing exponentially and getting out of the colourful zone; it will all be down to the G rate.

More Goals!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I know that, you know that, unfortunately some take the predictor as gospel and when we didn’t pick up some so called “winnable points” at home started saying we were going down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Here we go. Seems weird updating this but what a bloody great result yesterday. Now just 2 points behind, so an adjusted prediction of 38.

For anyone interested we are now just 14 behind the Europe tracker :)

Attachments

• NSC Graph 30.png
    NSC Graph 30.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 391
  • NSC Fixtures 30.png
    NSC Fixtures 30.png
    74 KB · Views: 389

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Here we go. Seems weird updating this but what a bloody great result yesterday. Now just 2 points behind, so an adjusted prediction of 38.

For anyone interested we are now just 14 behind the Europe tracker :)

Imagine how nice the update would be if we snuck 3 points at Leicester. Oh to be above the line.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The adjusted prediction for final standings now looks like this. Our win over Arsenal, and Bournemouth's failure to beat Palace are two massive swings.

Watford 39
Brighton 38
West Ham 38
Bournemouth 33
Aston Villa 32
Norwich 31

It was never in doubt :)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The adjusted prediction for final standings now looks like this. Our win over Arsenal, and Bournemouth's failure to beat Palace are two massive swings.

Watford 39
Brighton 38
West Ham 38
Bournemouth 33
Aston Villa 32
Norwich 31

It was never in doubt :)

...... and with luck in three or four games time, we'll be able to start the 'Teams that can't catch us' thread!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Only one point behind the tracker now. Who would have thought that after we lost to Palace. What a tremendous turnaround.

I am feeling so much more positive tonight!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s not like [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] is travelling home from the game, why isn’t this tracker lockdown instant!?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s not like [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] is travelling home from the game, why isn’t this tracker lockdown instant!?

Yes you are quite right. I have given myself a good talking to, so here you go.

Just one point behind now, the closest we have been since 1st February. Lovely stuff. On tonight's first half form, I wouldn't bet against us getting a result against Man Utd either.

Attachments

• NSC Graph 31.png
    NSC Graph 31.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 632
  • NSC Fixtures 31.png
    NSC Fixtures 31.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 619

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here