Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all you tossers who don't go to Withdean....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f*** me sideways with a huge rampant rabbit

this is the first post looney has made that I actually agree 100% with.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f*** me sideways with a huge rampant rabbit

this is the first post looney has made that I actually agree 100% with.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
looney said:
You seem to forget the obvious. absenteeism.
The absentee rate from work is about 2% on average.

With 5,000 Season tickets that would equal 100. Which would rise over a season with natural wastage. Deaths, people moving to australia or LI being thrown in prison for being a dork for example.

A Lot of regular support is built up with people getting in the habit of going and success on the pitch.

Get falmer and a relegation battle? 8,000? Topping the table? 20,000.

The Albion has always had a potentially large support and a highly fickle one.

Amen. Now can we please discuss something vaguely interesting?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Yes, good post but we shouldn't be getting into petty arguments about current attendance with those w@nkers if it takes us away from the main point, which is that it is ludicrous for a town of Brighton's size not to have a proud sporting arena representing the conurbation as a whole in the National sport.

22,000 is the bare minimum in most peoples eyes but it should be 30,000.:angry:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Tickets won't be sold at the ground itself. But they will be available on the day, potentially from quite a few places, won't they?

You'll still be able to get up in the morning, suddenly decide to go that day, and get a ticket from Falmer station or similar...

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I know what i'd like to press into certain students.:drool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dave the gaffer said:
Forgive me. I will try not to "talk out of my hoop", whatever that means.

I assumed the letters in the Argus and received by the council written by withdean residents against the application to put up the extra seats represented the views of the majority of the withdean residents.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this one.

The bowing won't be strictly necessary, but you can if you want.

My point is, don't fall into the trap of tarring everyone with the same brush. Withdean is full of Nimbys who need a damn good slap, but there are ordinary decent folk too, including a good few Albion fans (some of them season ticket holders).

We need these people to sit on the Withdean residents meetings, etc to voice our side of the argument. It doesn't help when they are alienated by being called tossers, and worse, all the time just because of their postcode.

Think about how much you hate people like Super Nimby John Catt (the one taking the club to court over the extra 2000 seats). Now think what it would be like to be an Albion fan living next door to him.

What you can do is let as many non-resident fans as possible park on your drive every second Saturday. That really pisses him off, :lolol: :lolol:

Never forget we're all on the same side (except AJ)

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
looney said:
You seem to forget the obvious. absenteeism.
The absentee rate from work is about 2% on average.

With 5,000 Season tickets that would equal 100. Which would rise over a season with natural wastage. Deaths, people moving to australia or LI being thrown in prison for being a dork for example.

A Lot of regular support is built up with people getting in the habit of going and success on the pitch.

Get falmer and a relegation battle? 8,000? Topping the table? 20,000.

The Albion has always had a potentially large support and a highly fickle one.
Let me get this right,you are saying we will get just 1000 extra than we are now at falmer:eek:

Think your forgetting that many clubs will sell there away location at falmer no probs.Looking at 14k+ for a relagation battle at falmer.:drink:

O yeah i hate the shithole and will never return to that dump:D

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I travel on average 1,000 miles a week,in my job,sometimes more!
I also was a Season Ticket Holder at Gillingham,plus 2 more for my lads,I also have been a ticket holder up until this Season when my 2 lads got pissed off with sitting in a ground with no cover and no atmosphere.

We decided we would pick and choose a few games at home this seson,but as I live in Littlehampton its not a case of popping into the Club Shop on a Saturday morning,then getting to Withdean and then having to pay £69.00 for the three of us to watch the Albion in a ground devoid of atmosphere 99% of the time.

We prefer the away games.Cheaper and always a good atmosphere.

So I must be a King Sized Tosser!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here