Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To all the Southgate haters / wrong again and again and again **SOUTHGATE NOW RESIGNED**

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If he started Palmer & Watkins maybe he wouldn’t be so reliant on last gasp goals when he brings the quality on the pitch.
Yes, but what he's saying are things that happened, not things that might have happened. We can all say "If Toney started..." or "If Shaw started..." or "If he took of Kane...", but the point @Randy McNob was making was not based in theory and 20:20 hindsight.

Sure, we might not have been so reliant on last gasp goals, but at the same time Watkins and Palmer came on against a tiring defence, so who knows if they'd have had the same impact from the start? I certainly don't. What I do know is this, they came on and we won the game as a result.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I've felt no excitement throughout this tournament.

We'll probably lose against Spain and all I'll have done is wasted my time watching 5 shit games and a good game tonight.

If we win then fair play, I still won't think he's a good manager but he will have done well the last two games.
Can I borrow this? It’s word for word me.

(I’m sorry, I support The Albion. That’s what I do)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He has certainly proved himself at international level and has the confidence of the squad he and they deserve to win a tournament why not this one

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Spain have already beaten Croatia, Italy, Germany and France. Would be enough to win most European tournaments. Yet England somehow splutter on :lolol:
You can only beat what is in front of you. Spain has beat many good sides, England have spluttered against relative minnows, but it means nothing.

Its all about peaking at the right time. England came into this tournament with a defeat to Iceland in a friendly, they've got better every game.

We are capable of beating Spain

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
All the pithy commentating, lemon sucking bitter England and/or SouthGREAT (!) haters who are still (STILL!) today filling the internet and airwaves with begrudged congrats are just so boring now.

If we win the final now, they will still be unsatisfied. Still be saying we were lucky, easy route, boring, grass worked in our favour, ref made mistakes, opposition had an off day blah blah blah blah blah. Meanwhile, on planet earth, the rest of us are just enjoying this tremendous and rare moment in our nations history :)

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Criticised for sticking with Pickford - proved em wrong
Criticised for picking shaw - proved em wrong
criticised for his subs, brings on Palmer and watkins who assist and score the winner. previously Brought TAA and Toney on to take pens who both converted (v SwizzZZ)
He stuck with Kane and Bellingham despite all the 'experts' saying they should be subbed who both went on to score (v Slovakia)
won 3 knockout matches from losing positions
2 Euro Finals
1 WC Semi
Time to hold up your hands and admit you were wrong about Southgate
Totally agree with you mate but you are wasting your time trying to get the NSC trendies 'I hate the England mens team' to be positive about GS or the team, they would prefer to criticise or claim indifference to them or claim they are far more into the women's team so as to show how woke and inclusive they are.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Totally agree with you mate but you are wasting your time trying to get the NSC trendies 'I hate the England mens team' to be positive about GS or the team, they would prefer to criticise or claim indifference to them or claim they are far more into the women's team so as to show how woke and inclusive they are.
Are you ok?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does that upset you then, differences of opinion?

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Does that upset you then, differences of opinion?
No not at all and where in my post did I say it did?? Was just expressing an opinion on a chat forum. No worries about differences of opinion from me as for example I don't put other posters on 'ignore' I also disagree with banning and 'discouraging other posters which does happen if they express views that some others don't agree with.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe we just like to see the women's team doing well and feel that being more inclusive will only encourage more opportunity to give girls the chances in the sport that boys take for granted :shrug:

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Maybe we just like to see the women's team doing well and feel that being more inclusive will only encourage more opportunity to give girls the chances in the sport that boys take for granted :shrug:
Yes maybe, personally I couldn't give a stuff about the women's team and most on here who say they do are bandwagon jumpers who feel it's the 'right' thing to say they like women's football, I think where were you 10 years ago before it became the 'in' thing to like women's football.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yes maybe, personally I couldn't give a stuff about the women's team and most on here who say they do are bandwagon jumpers who feel it's the 'right' thing to say they like women's football, I think where were you 10 years ago before it became the 'in' thing to like women's football.

For me personally, I don't generally care about women's football, though I am casually-happy when the England women do well.

However, the quality over the past 10 years has seen a huge jump, making it far more watchable, and I genuinely enjoyed the last tournament (the only women's football I've watched full games of).

I also like that women's football has become more mainstream, hopefully encouraging many more women and girls to take up all forms of sport, my daughter included.

All that said - I think it's still totally fine if you/anyone doesn't enjoy it, doesn't like it, won't watch it/whatever, nothing wrong with that.
We like what we like.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would argue that the reason Williams has looked better in this tournament is because the Spanish manager has set them up to play free flowing attacking football and has utilised his players in their best positions and playing to their strengths. Foden on the other hand was shunted out to the left for much the tournament and playing a style of football that would have been completely alien to him based on what he's used to at Man City.
But isn’t that some of the point?
If Foden was as good as everyone thinks, playing out wide and coming inside would have little impact. I appreciate Williams isn’t out of position, but perhaps Foden is not the ‘world beater’ we think.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me personally, I don't generally care about women's football, though I am casually-happy when the England women do well.

However, the quality over the past 10 years has seen a huge jump, making it far more watchable, and I genuinely enjoyed the last tournament (the only women's football I've watched full games of).

I also like that women's football has become more mainstream, hopefully encouraging many more women and girls to take up all forms of sport, my daughter included.

All that said - I think it's still totally fine if you/anyone doesn't enjoy it, doesn't like it, won't watch it/whatever, nothing wrong with that.
We like what we like.
I only watch England in women's football and show little interest myself. But I know how important it is to be inclusive, give it profile, and give youngsters an opportunity to take part.

What Cornwall can't seem to gather is that very point. You don't have to take an interest. But it's important to be encouraging.

I don't give a flying flamingo about bowls. But I was very annoyed when the local park took out the green because I know how much it meant to the folk who gathered there.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I only watch England in women's football and show little interest myself. But I know how important it is to be inclusive, give it profile, and give youngsters an opportunity to take part.

What Cornwall can't seem to gather is that very point. You don't have to take an interest. But it's important to be encouraging.

I don't give a flying flamingo about bowls. But I was very annoyed when the local park took out the green because I know how much it meant to the folk who gathered there.
Not having an interest doesn't mean I'm discouraging, I say good luck to anyone who plays any sport to any standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here