wherever the money is
Cocksucker Blue said:
Anyway, I'm off out, I havn't got time to waste mailing morons like you

Don't hurry back:wave:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Cocksucker Blue said:
ah yes. I have fond memories of the team that Coppell built.

And of course Wilkins team is made up completely by players he has brought in:dunce:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Cocksucker Blue said:
Why? Because he was a useless fool, and someone is doing a much better job with the same tools and environment as I predicted.

Why dont you watch a sport you understand?

Not exactly a difficult thing to predict.

Most new managers have a honeymoon period where things pick up at the beginning through a change of players, methods and tactics. It's in the long term that he needs to be judged.

It's a bit early to be hailing Wilkins as the saviour. Enjoy it by all means but using a short run of good results out of a total of 10ish games to compare him to McGhee is very shortsighted.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Facts speak for themselves.

McGhee had the same tools/resources as Wilkins.. Wendy is doing a better job.

Cocksucker Blue

Sep 3, 2006
My point entirely. MaGoo was a fool.

MaGoo said the missing part of the jigsaw was a target man.....and without any target man being signed we are now scoring goals for fun.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I get it. So when the team lose 2 or 3 on the trot now, we all come on here and boast how right we were when we said that McGhee (thats his name by the way) was wrongly sacked.

If Wilkins gets us promoted as Champions, and I hope he does, then I might say different for in my mind we would have gone up with McGhee in charge anyway. Anyway if you want to use the same rationalle as the other anti McGhee lot then Wilkins is only doing a good job because he was left a great squad by McGhee

Wendy, at this moment in time is doing an excellent job, but that doesnt take away in any way, shape or form the magnificent job McGhee done when he was here.

:albion:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
To be honest, we are winning games, thats's all that matters. I couldn't give a shit who we have in charge as long as they get results!

Cocksucker Blue said:
Why? Because he was a useless fool, and someone is doing a much better job with the same tools and environment as I predicted.

Why dont you watch a sport you understand?

:clap:

magoo was toilet.

People who liked him would vote for Bush, if they were Americans :rolleyes:
"oh but he's got such a hard job, he's doing the best he can with what he's got (what a load of BOLLOCKS!), we have to play the high ball over defences to midget attackers and play them out of position, because.... (er... I forget how some of yoyu justified that worthless and STUPID tactic).

Rangdo said:
Not exactly a difficult thing to predict.

Most new managers have a honeymoon period where things pick up at the beginning through a change of players, methods and tactics. It's in the long term that he needs to be judged.

It's a bit early to be hailing Wilkins as the saviour. Enjoy it by all means but using a short run of good results out of a total of 10ish games to compare him to McGhee is very shortsighted.

Right and wrong. True that Willikins has yet to be tested, and let's face it he didn't exactly implement instant change in the face of the obvious shortcomings - but then he also had some key players out of the squad.
Still, Magoo stuck with a faltered and fatally flawed 'style' (if you can even call it that) of play. His changes that he did make, only served to underline his luck in his previous position change. He stuck with failed tactics despite the transparency of them as mistakes (Leon the winger for one) and didn't have the imagination for anything more than sticking with a dead-end direction.

Let's hope DW can adjust (only when required), because that's the difference between standing on the line with the title 'manager' and actually being a good one.

His simple changes so far have outlined what magoo was somehow unable to envision though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a McGhee fan and I have to admit to being mightily impressed with Deano so far, let's see if he can keep it up with a promotion and staying in the Championship as well :clap:

Only then can we start making na na na na childish comparisons imo.

Last edited:

larus

I think DW has done a good job, but this has been helped in no small part by the return of Butters/Hinsh.

The confidence that this has brought through the team is clear to see. They now don't appear to be scared of conceding goals.

I always supported MM, but towards the end I became dis-illusioned with him. How much was down to the man, the team selection, the morale within the team, the support for him from the directors, I don't know; but overall, I think it was the right thing for him to leave.

However, when pratts start saying that he was a crap manager, when it's clear that with what he had available to him, overall he did a good job in his time here, it just shows their own stupidity. Look at what he achieved with a crap stadium, low crowds, having to sell our best players. Your argument would hold more credence if it was backed up by facts.

On the other side though, the ardent pro MM posters must also acknowledge that we now appear to be playing attractive, attacking, fluent football with virtually the same players available for selection (Bowditch is the only addition). This does appear to blow holes through MM continually saying we needed a big target man. DW appears to have instilled some belief/confidence into Jake/Revell; Hammond is much better with El-Abd and not Carpenter as a central partner.

Overall, I'm glad MM has gone, although I think he did a good job.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
chez said:
I get it. So when the team lose 2 or 3 on the trot now, we all come on here and boast how right we were when we said that McGhee (thats his name by the way) was wrongly sacked.

If Wilkins gets us promoted as Champions, and I hope he does, then I might say different for in my mind we would have gone up with McGhee in charge anyway. Anyway if you want to use the same rationalle as the other anti McGhee lot then Wilkins is only doing a good job because he was left a great squad by McGhee

Wendy, at this moment in time is doing an excellent job, but that doesnt take away in any way, shape or form the magnificent job McGhee done when he was here.

:albion:
"magnificent job" give me strength! You must think Wilkins is Alex Ferguson then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here