Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all intents and purposes is the season now over on 20th October ?.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Yes thank you.

Unrealistic expectations do no good whatsoever, and Gus is sensible enough to know that. We are a newly promoted team and should be looking to consolidate in this division this season, with anything achieved beyond that seen as a bonus. Going up (unlikely as it is) would be awful for the club at this stage, we'd simply get battered up and down the country for 38 games and come straight back down.

If we did go up and then straight back down, would we qualify for the Prem relegation parachute payment, isn't it a a few million quid spread over two seasons. Would give us a lot of cash to strengthen the squad for a proper assualt on the Prem in season 2014/15

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We've done better than I expected. For the most part all the games at home at least have been very entertaining, even if it's gone against us. We have everything to play for given almost everyone is taking points off each other.

I was one of only a few that clapped the team off against Hull in our section, I thought we did well against a well drilled side, and was happy with the result. I got the impression a lot left feeling they'd been let down. Nothing wrong with being disappointed (which I was), but the expectations have to be proportional, and I felt the team had done their best.

If we do come away with 3 pts on Monday, then it should be treated as a massive result. Right now, I'd take another draw and clean sheet as we play ourselves back into some confidence. I haven't seen any of the players not give their best. For the likes of Dicker and Painter, their best may not be quite good enough, but 100% from them is good enough for me at the moment.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
well that is my point, mid table is" season over " at least unless you consider just to stay up as the goal.

I would say that the League cup was taken seriously. It could even be argued that putting out a full strength side against Liverpool, started the current mini slump.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Having seen BHAFC for 4 seasons in the top division and an FA Cup Final maybe I am a little impatient after 28 years, just maybe. And BOLLOCKS to expectations we should enter the league to win it, the cups to win them and NEVER say we are inferior to any other team, especially not in print.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Having seen BHAFC for 4 seasons in the top division and an FA Cup Final making I am a little impatient after 28 years, just maybe. And BOLLOCKS to expectations we should enter the league to win it, the cups to win them and NEVER say we are inferior to any other team, especially not in print.

I agree:D

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well Southampton have managed to make the transition very well and saw off west ham.

anyway, I remember Mr McGhee getting crucified on here when we played a side ( it may have been Luton) and he said that he wasn't expected to win this and didn't really care about the game.

Keep going gareth...the true voice of the fans as opposed to these internet geeks!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
With all due respects US you seem to be excelling in misery about the Albion at the moment, The other day it was about the posibility of the Amex becoming sterile and now the season is over in October. Do you ever just get any joy from supporting the Albion or do you have to look on the black side all the time?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Disagree with the OP. No the season is not over, it's barely started. Gus stating that beating West Ham would be a bonus is hardly out of line as I feel it represents a realistic view of the game, as tuesday aside they have been excellent away from home and quite frankly their strengths play to our weaknesses.

As far as we'll end up at the end of the season, I think the playoffs are not an impossibility should we get some continuity and confidence back in the side. However in all likelihood we will end up mid-table just where most of us predicted we would before the season kicked off.

I really do think we need to cut the team some slack and enjoy what is to come. We are not out of our depth in this league at all and it is nice to feel that we can compete on an equal footing with large parts of this league. A season of consolidation would represent progress for this football club and we should be happy with that. Anything more, would indeed be a bonus.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With all due respects US you seem to be excelling in misery about the Albion at the moment, The other day it was about the posibility of the Amex becoming sterile and now the season is over in October. Do you ever just get any joy from supporting the Albion or do you have to look on the black side all the time?

Its a Cross I have to bear I am afraid.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
well Southampton have managed to make the transition very well and saw off west ham.

anyway, I remember Mr McGhee getting crucified on here when we played a side ( it may have been Luton) and he said that he wasn't expected to win this and didn't really care about the game.

Keep going gareth...the true voice of the fans as opposed to these internet geeks!

Thanks Dave. The forum should be about keeping the club, manager and players on their toes imo , not just a group wan*athon about everything BHAFC.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Dave. The forum should be about keeping the club, manager and players on their toes imo , not just a group wan*athon about everything BHAFC.

McGhee also got slaughtered for the Stoke game when we were already relegated. If Adams or McGhee had said what Poyet said the reaction would have been very different.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is why managers hate giving interviews. People jump to conclusions.

West Ham have an incredible squad for this division. We are not expected to win. If we win, it IS a bonus. He said nothing about not being capable of winning or not playing to win.

Quite how you draw your "very clear" conclusions from that I really don't know.. ??

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
And 2 points off about 14th I think.

Everyone can beat anyone in this league, we know that. Take the rough with the smooth and enjoy the ride. Consolidation was always the name of the game and if anyone thought otheriwse that is commendable, but silly IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here