Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all Bristol based Brighton fans....

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Anyone else enjoying being back at work today?

Due to the need to wear business attire I couldn't wear the stripes but am wearing the play off polo shirt proudly.

Getting a few glares from a few and a few well dones from Bristol Rovers fans but have tried to be a "good winner" most of the time !!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
The city had a really eerie feel on Sunday night. Was like a ghost town. Fantastic :lolol: - unfortunately I don't know any City fans at uni, but my Plymouth and Cardiff mates are chuffed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I left the large flag in the car today - I had one on full display for all of last week. Also refrained from wearing the stripes having giving them an airing last week.

But the City fans know we're about alright.

Going down David Lloyd later this afternoon, and the City squad use it a lot. Might well put the stripes on for that - just in case any still about.

The Rovers fans are loving it - one even wore an old Albion shirt of mine out to watch the game in a pub on Saturday.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Bozza said:
I left the large flag in the car today - I had one on full display for all of last week. Also refrained from wearing the stripes having giving them an airing last week.

But the City fans know we're about alright.

Going down David Lloyd later this afternoon, and the City squad use it a lot. Might well put the stripes on for that - just in case any still about.

The Rovers fans are loving it - one even wore an old Albion shirt of mine out to watch the game in a pub on Saturday.

My cricket team has 3 Rovers fans and no Bristol City - they were all supporting me on Saturday night.

I too will be wearing the stripes down the gym tonight - I know of at least 1 Bristol City fan who uses the gym at the same time as me so I shall make a point of saying hello !!

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
First ever post, but thought that now was really the time!!

I live and work in the centre of Bristol and kept my head down last week with all the City fans saying how they just had to turn up to be promoted, with a hint of a smile on my face! Until my boss told everyone about my passion for blue & white stripes.

Had a fair few nasty text messages on Sunday, even boyfriend's brother has refused to speak to me ever again!!

Funniest sight of the day was being dropped off at home, passing a very big City pub, with a lot of miserable looking blokes in red outside. One by one they all turned round with look of stunned disbelief that two people in blue & white stripes and wigs were driving in their part of town!!!

:lolol:

Today in the office has been hilarious, managed to find a nice work shirt in blue & white stripes and just smiled at everyone who had been mouthing off last week!!! Loving it and enjoying every minute!!! :clap2:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
fantastic! keep up the good work brisgull :lolol:

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
brisgull said:
First ever post, but thought that now was really the time!!

Today in the office has been hilarious, managed to find a nice work shirt in blue & white stripes and just smiled at everyone who had been mouthing off last week!!! Loving it and enjoying every minute!!! :clap2:

Y'all come back now,oooh aargh !!:clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't work in Bristol but in Gloucester, got a call late this morning from my boss who is an Albion fan and currently over 8000 miles away calling me a jammy B*****d for getting to the game.

Went shopping after work wearing my retro stripey shirt, got one or two strange looks in the supermarket so I suspect there may be a few city fans around here keeping their heads down.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It was perfect, I walked into the office, said nothing, just took a play-off flag out of my bag and pinned it above my desk, you could have heard a pin drop.... I got loads of applause from the Rovers fans.......................... and even two Leeds fans shouted support.

The City fans were well miffed....

brisgull's bloke

Jun 1, 2004
Brizzol
Hello well as you can probably tell from my user name I am Brisgull's bloke and from my location you can probably tell that I am a Briztolian.

Well on sunday afternoon, along with my Uncle, brother, cousin and several huindred other friends and family I was in Cardiff watching the City Play Brighton. Unlike them I was in the Blue and White Striped end cheering on the the seagulls.

Yes after 2 and a half years of dating brisgull, i finally cracked and went to a match with her,( am a rugby fan really, always thought football was a bit of a soft lads game).

Anyway all i can say is I had a fantastic time, I stood up for falmer (numerous times) I cheered, I called the ref a blind B**tard at some of the "tackles" and nearly cried when the little chap slotted that penalty home.

I have now been disowned by my family, sent to coventry by my workmates and generally hated by my neighbours.

But what the hell

UP THE ALBION

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

C U at withdean next season
and falmer when its built
:D
cardiff.jpg

BTW I am the one on the right

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Beautiful.

A(t least) pint awaits you both at a public house of your choosing somewhere in town....

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nice one Brisgulls Bloke, don't forget you can choose your friends but not your family, without having met any of them I can congratulate your judgement on this occasion...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another Convert! Welcome on board BGB! :clap:

We also have an ex-Sheff Wed convert (Ned Ludd) who is married to one of our power-posters, Yorkie.

(By that I mean you post a lot Yorkie! :lolol: )

brisgull's bloke

Jun 1, 2004
Brizzol
Whilst out in Tesco's today buying the tea for work, i was wandering down the aisle looking for frozen chips when i heard someone shouting traitor at me. I turned round to see my Uncle and Aunt shopping and generally abusing me for being at the "wrong" end on Sunday :( :(

Well this got me thinking and so I just couldn't resist wearing one of Brisgull's brighton shirts in to work tonight as 2 of the day shift are city season ticket holders. ( I haven't seen them since Sunday)

After the initial swearing and chasing me round the station yard with a hose, they both calmed down and admitted that city did not deserve to win on Sunday.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
Am now getting very worried about Bloke and his new found passion for all things Brighton.

Monday morning he wanted to drive round the city centre with the big flag hanging out of the car and now I find that he has been stealing my clothes and wearing them to work!!! And here is me, who has supported them since year 19** who is slowly taking things in - maybe tomorrow I will wake up and reality will hit - DIV 1 HERE WE COME!!!

What happened to the bloke who told me I had to summarise the days game in 10 mins and then not mention it???? Have I really converted the poor man by my constant chat ??? Ooeerr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here