Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TLO takes a left turn in life...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
Alan, I have to say the best thing I EVER did was go to work for myself, and whilst I am not as OLD as you

And you dont have a massive beard!!!

Good luck TLO by the way!

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Biscuit said:
Sounds like a midlife crisis to me.

Seriously though. Best of luck TLO, I'm sure it'll all fall into place. Enjoy the cricket.
Cheeky young whippersnapper. But cheers, anyway.

I must admit, Chappers' (or was it Trigger) idyllic painting of a lazy hot summer's day in the deckchairs at the County Ground, drinking pints of Harveys, eating ham and cucumber sandwiches watching Robert James Kirtley destroy another set of stumps does sound incredibly appealing.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good luck TLO.

Perhaps you should be a professional quiz-setter. You could set questions during idle moments at the bar.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have little doubt that you will make a success of whatever you turn your hairy hands to. Good luck fella.

:clap:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good Luck TLO

Hmm, sold house, cash available, looking for something new - mystery summer investor ???

:jester:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Best thing i ever did was work for myself, although i don't know you i have noticed that you are persistant which i feel is a good quality to have in business as long as you have belief in yourself, which sounds like you have, go for it and work to your strenghts and i am sure you will succeed.

Best of luck.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mouldy Boots said:
Best thing i ever did was work for myself, although i don't know you i have noticed that you are persistant which i feel is a good quality to have in business as long as you have belief in yourself, which sounds like you have, go for it and work to your strenghts and i am sure you will succeed.

Best of luck.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:thumbsup: Cheers, fella.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Nice one Alan,

I can only echo Rougvie's sentiments.

I went self-employed about 6 years ago after 22 years with HSBC and it was without doubt, one of the best decisions I have EVER made.

Lot's of soul-searching ahead, that's for sure, but I'm sure you will come up with something that will take you forward.

Good luck mate - if I don't see you beforehand, we must have a beer before The Who

:thumbsup:

Go for it!
If you seriously think about buying somewhere in Spain let me know. Not the touristy bits, only the quiet bits where property is cheap and life is quiet! You can still earn an income though if you have a bit of get up and go.
Whatever you do, good luck :cool:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cadiz Seagull said:
Go for it!
If you seriously think about buying somewhere in Spain let me know. Not the touristy bits, only the quiet bits where property is cheap and life is quiet! You can still earn an income though if you have a bit of get up and go.
Whatever you do, good luck :cool:
Tempting.

I found Cadiz a fantastic city. Plenty of colour, friendly people and a proud history of free-thinking. And a blowy Atlantic coastline. Jerez was good, as was Seville, if the latter was a little raucous in places.

If it was quiet I was after, I'd head for Arcos de le Frontera.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sounds intriguing and it takes a lot of guts to jack in your job.
I hope it all goes well for you whatever you decide to do.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
There's nothing like a bit of a sabbatical for clearing the head and getting the priorities sorted. So the best of luck to you. Oh, and you know where we are if any interesting foreign travel is part of the process!
;)

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Good luck. Being your own boss is hard work but I wouldnt have it any other way. Plus you get to fire people............:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here