Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TLO takes a left turn in life...

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Quite jealous actually. Wish I could sell my gaff, put some surplus beans in the bank and move to the sun, but with two teenage kids, both with exams on the horizon, that is still a few years away.

Good luck :wave:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Perhaps take a job in McDonalds for a little while whilst you contemplate your future. The Golden Arches will provide you with a true life-changing perspective and perhaps even inspire you to reach out and touch the stars.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BUTTERBALL said:
Perhaps take a job in McDonalds for a little while whilst you contemplate your future. The Golden Arches will provide you with a true life-changing perspective and perhaps even inspire you to reach out and touch the stars.
Best I can hope for from them is a golden dump.

And a wet runny one at that.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hope it all goes well.

Many of us have plans for what we might do rather than plodding on with what we've done for 20 or 30 years, but it takes guts to get on and do it. Well done.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been thinking about working for myself, I find the older I get the less time I have for employers idiotic ideas and plans so perhaps I should live and work by my own decisions.

I'd have to combine it with Mrs Zef going back to work and looking after our junior racer :rolleyes:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So I had my leaving do last night - a nosh up and piss up in the Coach House.

What did get as a leaving present? Three grandstand tickets for the England v Sri Lanka ODI at Lord's on June 17 (the day before the Who gig - what a weekend that's going to be) and a pair of silver cufflinks engraved with 'TLO' from Gresham Blake. What a nice bunch of people I work with and am leaving behind.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

My last day at work in this office, and I have been bloody well lumbered with making sure 'Business Edge' (Sussex Enterprise's magazine) goes to press. Nearly everyone else has already sodded off for Easter. Bugger. :(

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Best of luck Al

Our Mortgage finishes back end of 2007 so I will be reviewing where our lives are going ( or just putting all the mortgage money into a pension!!!)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Large One said:
What did get as a leaving present? Three grandstand tickets for the England v Sri Lanka ODI at Lord's on June 17 (the day before the Who gig - what a weekend that's going to be) and a pair of silver cufflinks engraved with 'TLO' from Gresham Blake. What a nice bunch of people I work with and am leaving behind.
:clap: :clap: :clap:(

That my friend, is a TOP NOTCH leaving present.

What a weekend indeed.

You going to Ipswich Al?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Just think Alan, if you do go to France, you wont be able to sit at the footie and tell that TWAT three rows from the back and his Son to shut up.

I'll have to do it instead. :thumbsup:

All the best whatever you decide. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Smart Mart said:
Wish I could sell my gaff, put some surplus beans in the bank and move to the sun with two teenage kids
Theres laws against that kind of thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Artois said:
Just think Alan, if you do go to France, . :)

and you'll have to settle for Seagulls World on a saturday, I can tell you from experience it's not much fun.....but then going to Withdean isn't all that at the moment :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here