Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titus Bramble arrested for alleged rape

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
RIGHT , theres a "touch of a ..." comment in there somewhere , who is going to be the first to unleash it?

(btw I'm not condoning this sort've behaviour OBVIOUSLY)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope his legal defence is better than his football defence...

*closes door on way out*

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I hope his legal defence is better than his football defence...

*closes door on way out*

Why's that?? Despite a moronic minority labelling him useless he has been plying his trade at the footballing top table for a number of years now. He's a very capable player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why's that?? Despite a moronic minority labelling him useless he has been plying his trade at the footballing top table for a number of years now.

Well, you could argue he showed initial promise and he is now working his way down from the top table. I'm guessing Sunderland have not got enough money at the moment to replace him with a foreigner?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why am I not surprised there were TWO men involved?

I'd hate to be the manager of Newcastle or Sunderland. There's something about the nightlife in the North-East that makes footballers go loopy.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why's that?? Despite a moronic minority labelling him useless he has been plying his trade at the footballing top table for a number of years now. He's a very capable player.

The joke wouldn't have worked then would it?! :nono:

But yes I agree he is actually a half decent Premiership player these days, I was alluding to his Newcastle days when he seemed to have a habit of making big gaffs.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If he is proven guilty does his time etc i hope the football community doesn't welcome him back like they have Marlon King

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
RIGHT , theres a "touch of a ..." comment in there somewhere , who is going to be the first to unleash it?

(btw I'm not condoning this sort've behaviour OBVIOUSLY)

I thought there was always the touch of a rap artist about him myself.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Well, you could argue he showed initial promise and he is now working his way down from the top table. I'm guessing Sunderland have not got enough money at the moment to replace him with a foreigner?

How much have they just coughed up for Asamoah Gyan?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Disgrace that people get named before being proven guilty.

I couldn't agree more. What sort of justice is it that a man is named as soon as he's accused, yet a woman cannot be named even if it is proven her allegation was malicious and unfounded?
I hope it is shown to be a complete fabrication. Apart from the obvious wish that yet another footballer hasn't been indulging in disgraceful behaviour; Bramble has been superb for us this season, and we can ill afford to lose him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
How much have they just coughed up for Asamoah Gyan?

£13,000,000; a little overpriced I fear, but time will tell. Bramble, on the other hand was a snip at £1,000,000 or even less. Though he won't be such a bargain if we can't play him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can I just point out that you may actually be guilty of libel with the title of this thread. He has been arrested over a rape claim - not arrested for rape. He has not been tried and therefore you cannot legally say he raped someone.

Judging by the Sun's headline ("Titus Bramble in Rape Arrest") I think this thread title is safe. I think as long as it says "arrested" and doesn't proclaim his guilt it's legally ok, since "arrested" would imply no charges have been made, no guilt has been ascertained, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here