Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titus Bramble arrested for alleged rape

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Titus Bramble wanted for alleged rape....

Last edited by a moderator:

Judging by the Sun's headline ("Titus Bramble in Rape Arrest") I think this thread title is safe. I think as long as it says "arrested" and doesn't proclaim his guilt it's legally ok, since "arrested" would imply no charges have been made, no guilt has been ascertained, etc.
I believe that legally there is a big difference as this title suggests that he has been arrested because he raped someone. The Sun's headline says in a clumsy way that he has been arrested with regards to a rape.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can I just point out that you may actually be guilty of libel with the title of this thread. He has been arrested over a rape claim - not arrested for rape. He has not been tried and therefore you cannot legally say he raped someone.

Can I just say that is absolute nonsense. Libel looks at the way that it reads to a rational reader, the intentions of the writer (be it malicious, honest, whatever) and the damage to the person being libelled's reputation. On all 3 counts, there's not a libel lawyer in the world - not even Carter Ruck - who could make this alleged libel stick.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I imagine comments maid on the message board of a third division club are probably down the list of his legal priorities at the moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I cant believe he raped anyone.

He seems like such a nice young man.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
and has now been cleared but I don't see any posts recognising this

His brother is still under investigation by the looks of it though - still on bail

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
and has now been cleared but I don't see any posts recognising this

That would be because of the other issue with accusations/investigations of rape (other than alleged being named) and that is "X arrested for alleged rape" is a sexy headline, it is a eye catching, paper seller, it's a draw.

"No action taken against X" isn't. So it doesn't make the papers, or is a small article tucked away somewhere in the middle.

The first link provided is for the AP, which is a constant streak of news and press releases. I just went to the sun website and saw nothing. To be honest though, I'd completely forgot about this.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That would be because of the other issue with accusations/investigations of rape (other than alleged being named) and that is "X arrested for alleged rape" is a sexy headline, it is a eye catching, paper seller, it's a draw.

"No action taken against X" isn't. So it doesn't make the papers, or is a small article tucked away somewhere in the middle.

The first link provided is for the AP, which is a constant streak of news and press releases. I just went to the sun website and saw nothing. To be honest though, I'd completely forgot about this.

I'd forgotten all about it too, just picked up on it whilst reading through the Guardian, it was a small article there too but to be fare to that paper so was the article about the rape allegation.

I guess that this sort of thing is just part of the deal with being an overpaid 'celebrity' footballer so I don't have a great deal of sympathy with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here